New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

predict the future: 2005

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

The mac 13

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=gangsta&r=f
QUOTE Thanks
zeppster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mac 13
It doesn't matter if its in an urban dictionary. Words that are common among modern society are even put in Webster and Oxford dictionaries. For instance "ain't" is not a real word but it is still in the Webster because it is used a lot and some people might not know what it means.
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppster
It doesn't matter if its in an urban dictionary. Words that are common among modern society are even put in Webster and Oxford dictionaries. For instance "ain't" is not a real word but it is still in the Webster because it is used a lot and some people might not know what it means.
in singapore, as long as the word is in the dictionary, its usable in exams. oh well ppl, STICK TO THE TOPIC! :tusks:
QUOTE Thanks
zeppster

ain't ** *P***Pronunciation Key**(nt)
Nonstandard
Contraction of am not.

Used also as a contraction for are not, is not, has not, and have not.

Usage Note: Ain't has a long history of controversy. It first appeared in 1778, evolving from an earlier an't, which arose almost a century earlier as a contraction of are not and am not. In fact, ain't arose at the tail end of an era that saw the introduction of a number of our most common contractions, including don't and won't. But while don't and won't eventually became accepted at all levels of speech and writing, ain't was to receive a barrage of criticism in the 19th century for having no set sequence of words from which it can be contracted and for being a “vulgarism,” that is, a term used by the lower classes, although an't at least had been originally used by the upper classes as well. At the same time ain't's uses were multiplying to include has not, have not, and is not, by influence of forms like ha'n't and i'n't. It may be that these extended uses helped fuel the negative reaction. Whatever the case, criticism of ain't by usage commentators and teachers has not subsided, and the use of ain't is often regarded as a sign of ignorance. ·But despite all the attempts to ban it, ain't continues to enjoy extensive use in speech. Even educated and upper-class speakers see no substitute in folksy expressions such as Say it ain't so and You ain't seen nothin' yet. ·The stigmatization of ain't leaves us with no happy alternative for use in first-person questions. The widely used aren't I? though illogical, was found acceptable for use in speech by a majority of the Usage Panel in an earlier survey, but in writing there is no acceptable substitute for the stilted am I not?
QUOTE Thanks
zeppster

Main Entry*
gangsta1

Part of Speech*
noun, adjective

Definition*
a gangster or gang member

Etymology*
from gangster

Usage*
slang

Notcie it says derived from gangster and that its slang.
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppster
Notcie it says derived from gangster and that its slang.
I know it's a slang word but The Mac 13 said that people should use gangsta because that was the proper word and people are dumb for spelling the word propely.

And i thought that was funny.
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

Okay this thread needs to be closed.
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolate One
Okay this thread needs to be closed.
I agree with that...
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

yes. coz ppl are too dumb to understand what i wrote.
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

yes. coz ppl are too dumb to understand what i wrote. ma man schweb CLOSE THIS!
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

speaking about dumbness...you could have used "edit" instead of posting twice...
QUOTE Thanks
zeppster

*Laughs to self*
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

*smirks*
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

To get us back on topic. Here is my prediction for the future of 2005. Lord willing, we all will get a little older. lol :mac:

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

And Geroge (W*****) Bush will declare war on Poland.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Login Screen Mod | mac noob questions.... help? »