Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5
    I just sold my Apple Shares
    I have done really well with AAPL, I bought last year @ $97 and then sold @$192, bought again @ $121 and sold a few minutes ago @ $170.12.

I think Apple need to offer a dividend, because there is serious resistance in the market once the price gets to $175, so at the moment there is just this swing between $150 and $180, and I cannot see this as a buy and hold stock.

I put the returns into an REIT offering a 5% dividend. Anyone else playing with Apple stock? If it goes below $145 again, I'll definately buy again.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
    - Joan D. Vinge

Specs:
    C2D MacBook Pro
    You made some good money on the stock, so I think your decision was very smart. I would have absolutely did the same if I was in your place.

Unfortunately, I do not have the leisure of playing with it as much as you can. I just don't have enough invested to justify the transaction costs.

Regarding dividends and the stock price. AAPL always swings on rumors and speculation, so it doesn't seem to be growing as much as it probably should. The recession isn't helping either. But the fundamentals of the company are solid, which means it is growing. Maybe investors will gain more confidence in the stock when they see that AAPL's growth is long-term and not just a fad.

Dividends seem to have been falling out of favor recently and probably for good reason. The money is probably better spent being reinvested into the company, especially a tech giant like AAPL.

We'll see.
    Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    I've still got mine after 12 years. I've thought of selling it but just never have. I would make a killing based on my initial investment though.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
    i have a suspicion that AAPL will rise more until the response after the new upgrades or whatever come out.

Who or where is the service/broker that you guys use to buy and sell your shares?

I have always thought about getting into buying and selling shares but I havent found a good trustworthy online service to do it, any recommendations?

Specs:
    i havent bought or sold, i am just interested and will probably be investing in the next year or so. i have been watching several stocks including AAPL for a while.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by imme View Post
    Who or where is the service/broker that you guys use to buy and sell your shares?

I have always thought about getting into buying and selling shares but I havent found a good trustworthy online service to do it, any recommendations?
    Depends on your needs. If you just want to invest a few hundred bucks a month and build up steadily, use something like Sharebuilder, you get $4 trades if you trade regularly on a Tuesday.

Otherwise, it's a tough pick. I'd say Fidelity or Trade King. I don't like eTrade personally, but you should look at the costs.

http://www.fivecentnickel.com/2008/0...worst-brokers/

http://www.fivecentnickel.com/2008/0...oker-for-2008/

With most banks returning barely 1 or 2%, and even CDs scraping 3% or so, I think it's a good time to invest.
    - Joan D. Vinge

so what other companies do you guys invest in then?

Specs:
    here is a snapshot from my widget. i have been following these for at least 6 months. not all of them are doing well though.

PS - I have also been looking at using Fidelity for a broker. we are moving soon and we will have more options when we get where we are going.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    I would research and track alternative energy companies and major established companies already in this field

The future is definitely moving towards getting us off dependence on the Middle East.

I told my wife last night that we need to go ahead and purchase a couple shares. I read an article that nearly a full 50% of high school seniors who are moving on to college plan to buy a MacBook. That's WILD! And the rumors of a MacBook Touch coming soon are starting to look real. I've never dabbled in the stock market, but have been telling myself for a few years now (ever since my first Mac, a Powerbook!) that I should invest some. I recently read an article that Apple's stock had gone about something like 1,050% in the time I've been "thinking" about buying. Makes me wanna cry.

whats the minimum amount of shares you can purchase from apple? im guessing its going to be quite a few and not cheap!

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by imme View Post
    whats the minimum amount of shares you can purchase from apple? im guessing its going to be quite a few and not cheap!
    You can buy one share, or even invest one dollar for a partial, with some brokers. I've got some very odd share partials.
    - Joan D. Vinge

Specs:
    Blackbook, iPod Video, iPod Nano Chrome 16gig
    Is there some kinda Stock Market Simulator online somewhere?

I like the idea of 'playing' the stock market, but so not have the funds to do so!
    Cheers.

You just lost The Game!

Specs:
    iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM
    Investors Business Daily seems to think that AAPL is actually poised for another major rise, up into the $190's. I am presently holding AAPL stock and will hang on until it gets up to that range.

Neither I nor IBD have any magic insights into the behavior of the stock market, so this is NOT stock buying/purchasing advice, just an indication of what *I* am doing.
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
    I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007

Thread Information