New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

PCs could become more expensive than Macs, very soon

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

So one of the big myths out there is that Macs are far more expensive than PCs, even equivalent PCs, and although you can argue the toss on this one somewhat, there is little doubt that if you really want a half decent machine, to borwse the web and write email, you can get a PC cheaper than a Mac.

This could all end

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/28/te...gy&oref=slogin

It's a little known fact that one of the reasons some PCs are so dirt cheap, is that software companies pay millions of dollars to have crapware installed all over them, in the hope the user will get suckered into buying it, or signing up to some subscription service or another.

BestBuy (who I must admit I am starting to like) will get rid of all of this for $30!

Thoughts?

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Interesting read, a little on the long and boring side though. I caught some typos too, since I'm so bored anyways. >_<"

That's why I prefer to make my own computers, don't have to deal with software that I don't want.
QUOTE Thanks
Waterpolo820

Waterpolo820 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell

I just ordered a Dell Notebook for my mom (tried switching her over, but she didn't want to deal with a totally new OS) It was a Studio 15, and after everything she wanted, including tax, it costed about $1500. Software was a majority of that cost. For that price I could have gotten a refurbished MBP, or a blackbook.

my 2c

"In a world full of ordinaries,
I will be extraordinary"
QUOTE Thanks
xj6jaguar1985

xj6jaguar1985 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

$1500 FOR A DELL ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
WOW...
Yeah anyways...I bet PCs will go up in cost, it makes sense. I mean sure there will be the wal-mart specials, but overall they'll definitely go up over time.

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
I don't find your "I'm a cheetah." joke funny.
QUOTE Thanks
KeithTeeple

KeithTeeple is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

When the day comes I'll rub it in my friends faces. I love how Macs are all made by the same company in an Apple Factory, but I hated how Macs were expensive. I would never get a PC no matter what the cost was. I will always go with Mac despite the fact all my friends think it sucks which it doesn't.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Virtualization - How has it helped you? And what do you use it for primarily? | Best Of YouTube »