New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Bloomberg mistakenly publishes Steve Jobs obituary!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Waterpolo820

Waterpolo820 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell

I was reading yahoo's front page when I saw this... What idiots... But someone owes Steve a big apology.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cnet/2008082...57931002788637

"In a world full of ordinaries,
I will be extraordinary"
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

Wow, someone just might get in trouble for pushing that one through.

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

Nice article on SmokingApples.com

Quote:
By Aayush Arya

I didn’t know Steve Jobs personally but anyone who infused life into an almost dead company and went on to become one of the most influential people in the world earns respect in my book. He was a divine man and had a heart of gold. His contributions to mankind will forever be etched… wait, what? Oh, he’s not dead? But wasn’t that his obituary I read on Bloomberg yesterday?

Yes, it was, and yes, he’s not dead. Take a deep breath. You OK there? Yeah, yeah, I promise—he’s alive and well and still making incredibly sexy and expensive products in Cupertino for you to throw wads of cash on. Promise!

It turns out that someone at Bloomberg was updating El Jobso’s obituary and accidentally hit the publish button which, surprisingly enough, does not mean “go back to the drafts section and stay there till 2455” (if you don’t think Jobs will live for at least five hundred years, you’re delusional).

Of course, they unpublished the thing in a hurry and issued a retraction stating that “An incomplete story referencing Apple Inc. was inadvertently published by Bloomberg News at 4:27 p.m. New York time today. The item was never meant for publication and has been retracted.” Apparently, several thousand Apple fanboys had already committed suicide by then1—but hey, at least Jobs lives on.

So, anyway, just to make it crystal clear, beyond a shadow of doubt, Steve Jobs is not dead. No, this is not like the time when he died on a cross and came back to life—that was, like, a totally different scenario.
QUOTE Thanks
Viizei

Viizei is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15,4" (unibody) 2.4GHz, 4GB & Cinema HD 23" & iPhone 3G 16GB

Well, that's a big mistake and someone has really got himself into trouble..

Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.

- Steve Jobs
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Just saw The Dark Knight... | Comcast to put cap on internet usage... »