Sms Texts On Mac
    Hi All,

I have a question wondering if something is possible. I have a Macbook running leopard and an LG EnV2 with Verizon as my carrier and I am curious to know if it is possible to somehow not only receive my text messages on my phone but on my mac as well. For instance when i get a text on my phone it will show up in Mail or with some other application on my mac? Also if anyone knows of any way to send text from my computer as well that info would be great!

Thanks For the Help

Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
    I don't think so, however, if you have an AIM account and have the mobile numbers in Address Book, you can SMS from iChat!

Miami, Fl
    15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
    If your phone has bluetooth, you may want to see if BluePhoneElite 2 supports it...
    It basically lets you receive calls and texts on your computer as well as sending them...

"The forums are not only a place to have questions answered, they are a place to be part of a community..."

27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    You can send a text via e-mail (any e-mail) to a persons phone very simple. In your case the e-mail address would be :

and you would see it as a text on your phone. If you reply, the sender would get it back as an e-mail from that address as well. Different carriers have different suffixes and there is a thread in the iPhone forum with a post from me that lists most of them.

As for receiving them on both the phone and the Mac simultaneously, the sender would have to send them to both addresses, your phone and your e-mail address.

California, USA
    MacBook Pro (17" Unibody, 2.93GHz, 8GB DRR3, 320GB 7200, Anti-Glare Screen)
    This is something I've been thinking about for a while now. It seems to me that it would be a great idea to have some kind of SMS forwarding to my Mac when my iPhone is docked and I'm working. It would let me quickly type a response without having to undock my phone, type it out on the keyboard, and re-dock. (Not that I'm lazy, I don't mind answering texts, but it just seems like it would be really convenient to have them pop up on my Mac when I have my phone docked at my desk).

It's a good concept idea, but I don't think we're gonna see full SMS integration anytime soon =T.

Thread Information