Thread: Metallica

Metallica
    So I've been out of the media circle for a while so today I turned on the radio to see if any of the Metallica songs from the new album would be aired and to my luck they played three.

1st song the radio station played was "The Day That Never Ends". Wow, just wow, ballad entry and then it gets heavy. The chorus could have been better but overall the song is just amazing. Powerful lyrics accompanied with great vocals.

2nd song was "Remember Tomorrow" which is actually a song by Iron Maiden which they covered for a Iron Maiden tribute album. I got to say, Lars did a great job on drums and the guitar solos were great and the vocals were good as well.

3rd song was a live version of "Cyanide". Truly awesome as well, I love what they have Rob doing with bass. Its just sick.

Any opinions, other Metallica fans here? I'm definitely picking up the album when it comes out in September 12.

Specs:
    MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
    Thanks for the info. I don't listen to the radio at all so I often don't know when bands release albums. I've been listening to Metallica forever. First concert, Day on the Green Metallica & Gun n Roses. Dang that was a long time ago...

used to be a huge fan, back in the 80s anyway. like a lot of other fans from that era, i just completely lost interest with the black album and pretty much everyting after. it's kind of like they turned into their own cover band.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

*jaw on floor*
    can you post links?
    now ive gotta check out youtube
    any more info is greatly appreciated
    thanks!

Specs:
    Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
    James is not sounding so good these days IMO.

Can we provide links? Because if we can I'm totally going to make a Video with iMovie, put it on YouTube, and share it with you guys.

XM has a nonstop Metallica station on now. Old and new songs, plus interviews with the members about shows and other stuff. Great listening to. So far my fav songs are No Leaf Clover and Fuel where they perform with the San Fran Symphony. And I really enjoy St. Anger.

ya i heard a few songs and i got to say that metallica might have a decent album... i need a couple more listens and then scheck out the whole album when it comes out.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
    XM Channel 51 = Metallica for 30 Days.

I hate their new stuff, but i am an old school fan. their live stuff is terrible as well.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    I loved the Black Album. Very well done. After that they went downhill for me.

Their album is out in stores tomorrow! I'm definitely gonna go pick it up. Anyone else? So far I've heard the day that never comes and cyanide and I love both.

Thread Information