New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Metallica

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mufasa

Mufasa is on a distinguished road

So I've been out of the media circle for a while so today I turned on the radio to see if any of the Metallica songs from the new album would be aired and to my luck they played three.

1st song the radio station played was "The Day That Never Ends". Wow, just wow, ballad entry and then it gets heavy. The chorus could have been better but overall the song is just amazing. Powerful lyrics accompanied with great vocals.

2nd song was "Remember Tomorrow" which is actually a song by Iron Maiden which they covered for a Iron Maiden tribute album. I got to say, Lars did a great job on drums and the guitar solos were great and the vocals were good as well.

3rd song was a live version of "Cyanide". Truly awesome as well, I love what they have Rob doing with bass. Its just sick.

Any opinions, other Metallica fans here? I'm definitely picking up the album when it comes out in September 12.
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

Thanks for the info. I don't listen to the radio at all so I often don't know when bands release albums. I've been listening to Metallica forever. First concert, Day on the Green Metallica & Gun n Roses. Dang that was a long time ago...
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

used to be a huge fan, back in the 80s anyway. like a lot of other fans from that era, i just completely lost interest with the black album and pretty much everyting after. it's kind of like they turned into their own cover band.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
hedoe

hedoe is on a distinguished road

*jaw on floor*
can you post links?
now ive gotta check out youtube
any more info is greatly appreciated
thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

James is not sounding so good these days IMO.
QUOTE Thanks
Mufasa

Can we provide links? Because if we can I'm totally going to make a Video with iMovie, put it on YouTube, and share it with you guys.
QUOTE Thanks
stumpleg

stumpleg is on a distinguished road

XM has a nonstop Metallica station on now. Old and new songs, plus interviews with the members about shows and other stuff. Great listening to. So far my fav songs are No Leaf Clover and Fuel where they perform with the San Fran Symphony. And I really enjoy St. Anger.
QUOTE Thanks
SemperAltus

SemperAltus is on a distinguished road

ya i heard a few songs and i got to say that metallica might have a decent album... i need a couple more listens and then scheck out the whole album when it comes out.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

XM Channel 51 = Metallica for 30 Days.

I hate their new stuff, but i am an old school fan. their live stuff is terrible as well.

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I loved the Black Album. Very well done. After that they went downhill for me.
QUOTE Thanks
Mufasa

Their album is out in stores tomorrow! I'm definitely gonna go pick it up. Anyone else? So far I've heard the day that never comes and cyanide and I love both.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac, you are all I think about | What's it like working at Apple? »