New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Ebay Obsession

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

skaheadpunk

skaheadpunk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule

Don't you just hate it? I've had things listed, on a 3 day listing ending in 6 and a half hours time... and I'm scared to leave the house! Too obsessed. I've just been glued to it. It's a good job it'll be over soon and my life can return to normal.

Anyone else have this problem or is it just weird old me?
QUOTE Thanks
Wman

Wman is on a distinguished road

Yes. I can't stop using ebay. I wonder of they put nicotine it somehow. OOOOH the deals!!!!! Oh just one more ting oh its 1 am oh my god my house is burning down, but let me just buy this cable it costs only 10 cent s plus shipping and this thing and that !!!!! ahhhhhhhh!!!

I put parental control on my computer and made it block ebay, but I still unblock it sometimes...

Have no fear. Wman is here!...or something...
QUOTE Thanks
skaheadpunk

I'm just soooo excited about my auctions ending! I'm so terrible for ebay though, you're right about the house burning down! It's just such a bargain! And it's usually plop I really don't need.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

There's a song that just says exactly you and I feel about ebay.

It's called Ebay and it's by Weird Al Yankovic.

And yeah I always have to be there when auctions I'm bidding on end. It's just something I have to do. Addicted to this world wide garage sale? Maybe a little.
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Whilst not obsessed with or addicted to online auctions, I really do enjoy using them. If buying, I've found the Auto-bid to be a useful tool. Decide what you're willing to spend and leave it at that. If you're outbid, so be it, there'll be another XXXX along sometime soon.

If selling, I just let it run. If someone really wants it, they'll pay the reserve - and more. I once sold a vintage VeloSolex m'cycle for 8 times the reserve price. The final two bidders weren't about to let the other have it, until one finally cracked (or his Significant Other did ). Another buyer paid half as much again for shipping, as for the item itself, he so desperately wanted it.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

As hughvane says don't worry about it. Anyone who has a question concerning your item will have already asked it and the big players only come out in the final two or three minutes.
QUOTE Thanks
skaheadpunk

Well, I'm £360 better off, all went pretty well!
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

I am obsessed with my auctions... when I am out of the house I am constantly on my iphone refreshing to check my listings. Plus I spend at least a few hours every night browsing for what ever it is I am looking for, I will the best deals I have ever found have always been on ebay.
QUOTE Thanks
clamsjager

clamsjager is on a distinguished road

im so obsessed that i have a ebay widget, and i own a ebay business. i sell items for people at a small fee. i make/sell about $3000 a week in items. working on listing a 68 mustang convertible, and a 06 kawasaki 636. also possibly a 10k$ painting. it seems i spend my cut faster than i get it

15 inch MacBook Pro 2.4, 200gb, 4gb, 256mb.
Custom gaming rig built by yours truely
2008 subaru WRX, not so stock.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamsjager View Post
im so obsessed that i have a ebay widget, and i own a ebay business. i sell items for people at a small fee. i make/sell about $3000 a week in items. working on listing a 68 mustang convertible, and a 06 kawasaki 636. also possibly a 10k$ painting. it seems i spend my cut faster than i get it
Are you a Powerseller?
QUOTE Thanks
jamezh10

jamezh10 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MAC BOOK 13in

i do that all the time it fun
QUOTE Thanks
imnothardcore

imnothardcore is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G

I used to be all ebay crazy, and now my new job implements it so much its not as amazing for me. We sell a good amount on there prolly at least 150-200 active new each week. we are pretty close to 9000 feedback
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

One thing I will say about ebay that I don't like,Is ebays recent policy changes, They have become very pro buyer.This is good in a lot of ways but they have also thrown sellers to the lions.The new feedback policies are ridiculous.just recently they are going to put a cap on shipping charges.If you get in a dispute with a buyer good luck in most cases the buyer will always. I just recently got burned for a $750 for a iphone 3G,Ebay and paypal were no help for me.
QUOTE Thanks
skaheadpunk

I dunno about that, I've been screwed over as a buyer many times, and ebay and paypal have been totally useless - in one case I was sold an out of date food product that had had the dates changed and made me really ill, in another I was sold a corset which arrived dirty with all the bones poking though the fabric. Ebay did nothing and Paypal said I didn't have grounds for a dispute or ruled in favour of the seller every time.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

It goes both ways... but as a buyer so long as you use a credit card you can always file a charge back. As a seller I can't leave negative feedback. since this new policy has taken effect I have had more non paying bidders than ever before.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Why did you switch from PC to Mac? | adding iphone 3g to family plan? »