New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

First Day of Class


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
Kash

 
Kash's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 03, 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 9,385
Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Kash is offline
Today's my first day of class at law school. This is a very exciting moment

I have Torts and Civil Procedure on the agenda today


June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
tkim

 
tkim's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 30, 2008
Posts: 293
tkim will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive

tkim is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Today's my first day of class at law school. This is a very exciting moment

I have Torts and Civil Procedure on the agenda today
congrats on getting into law school. I'm assuming your 1L?

Where are you going to law school?

I'm taking the LSAT this OCT in hopes of getting into law school for next fall.

Any tips would be appreciated

Use not abuse the rep system!
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

 
baggss's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 10, 2004
Location: Margaritaville
Posts: 10,309
baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

baggss is offline
Yep, school is starting up again. My oldest moved down to the dorm today (much drama) and my youngest starts school tomorrow. The Summer is now shot.

Have fun Kash.


QUOTE Thanks
Shadow496

 
Shadow496's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 29, 2008
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Posts: 4
Shadow496 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air, iPod Touch, iMac 20" 2.4 GHz

Shadow496 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkim View Post
congrats on getting into law school. I'm assuming your 1L?

Where are you going to law school?

I'm taking the LSAT this OCT in hopes of getting into law school for next fall.

Any tips would be appreciated
Hey me too! What schools are you thinking of applying to? I can't decide if I want to stick to the Seattle area (where I have a free place to stay thanks to my folks) despite not wanting to practice in Washington or take the plunge and go to school in Massachusetts (Boston) or Chicago. I actually took the LSAT last year (I was gonna apply to start this fall but had a change of plans) and my best advice about that is to sign up for one of those Princeton Review type review classes. Raised my score by nearly 20 points from the first practice test to the real test. Oh..and don't sweat doing all the 'games', fill in the blanks of the ones you don't finish (hey, you have a 1/4 chance of being right!). Start practicing NOW with doing 2 and work up to 3 or 4 depending on how well you get the hang of them. With the reading comp...read the questions first then read the case, you'll know what to look for while reading. Anyway, hope that helps some.
QUOTE Thanks
tkim

 
tkim's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 30, 2008
Posts: 293
tkim will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive

tkim is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow496 View Post
Hey me too! What schools are you thinking of applying to? I can't decide if I want to stick to the Seattle area (where I have a free place to stay thanks to my folks) despite not wanting to practice in Washington or take the plunge and go to school in Massachusetts (Boston) or Chicago. I actually took the LSAT last year (I was gonna apply to start this fall but had a change of plans) and my best advice about that is to sign up for one of those Princeton Review type review classes. Raised my score by nearly 20 points from the first practice test to the real test. Oh..and don't sweat doing all the 'games', fill in the blanks of the ones you don't finish (hey, you have a 1/4 chance of being right!). Start practicing NOW with doing 2 and work up to 3 or 4 depending on how well you get the hang of them. With the reading comp...read the questions first then read the case, you'll know what to look for while reading. Anyway, hope that helps some.
I'm just looking to apply in my general area. I live in Kentucky so I'm looking at all schools around here. I've actually signed up for a Kaplan class that starts next Tuesday. I've heard mixed reviews but I really didn't have a choice because it's all that's offered around here. I've been studying on my own for 3 months now. Needless to say I'm really frustrated and looking forward to kaplan starting. You must have a pretty high LSAT score and a good UG GPA to consider going across the country.

Me on the other hand, slacked off during undergrad but I really want to study law. We'll see how it goes though.

Use not abuse the rep system!
QUOTE Thanks
Shadow496

 
Shadow496's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 29, 2008
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Posts: 4
Shadow496 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air, iPod Touch, iMac 20" 2.4 GHz

Shadow496 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkim View Post
I'm just looking to apply in my general area. I live in Kentucky so I'm looking at all schools around here. I've actually signed up for a Kaplan class that starts next Tuesday. I've heard mixed reviews but I really didn't have a choice because it's all that's offered around here. I've been studying on my own for 3 months now. Needless to say I'm really frustrated and looking forward to kaplan starting. You must have a pretty high LSAT score and a good UG GPA to consider going across the country.

Me on the other hand, slacked off during undergrad but I really want to study law. We'll see how it goes though.
Hah...I'm in a similar situation as you with the UGPA, I'm just hoping my grad school GPA (I'm currently doing an MBA program abroad) will help some and my LSAT was only in the 60th percentile so it wasn't bad but wasn't terrific either. I was considering taking it over again but I know I have test anxiety and would do worst. I'm not expecting to get into most of the schools I apply to, not even the University of Washington, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if I do and have an actual choice. My brother-in-law is an alumni at Seattle University Law (not to mention I do have the stats for them) so that's likely where I'll end up studying.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

 
Kash's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 03, 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 9,385
Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Kash is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkim View Post
congrats on getting into law school. I'm assuming your 1L?

Where are you going to law school?

I'm taking the LSAT this OCT in hopes of getting into law school for next fall.

Any tips would be appreciated
Yep, I'm a 1L. I'm going to Whittier Law School in Costa Mesa, CA.

If you have a somewhat decent GPA, then that's fine, as the bulk of the decision lies in your LSAT score. So work as hard as you can at getting the best score you can, as a high score can offset a low GPA.

I personally wish I had studied longer and harder on my LSATs as I could have gotten into a better school. But hey, if I end up being in the top 10% at the end of this semester, then I might consider transferring to a better school.

And thanks guys


June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
UnhndldExcptn

 
UnhndldExcptn's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 12, 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO, USA
Posts: 20
UnhndldExcptn is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro

UnhndldExcptn is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Today's my first day of class at law school. This is a very exciting moment

I have Torts and Civil Procedure on the agenda today
Good luck in law school. My best friend graduated from law school a few months back. He is all nervous because it will be a few weeks before he finds out if he passed the his bar exam. It will be worth the work.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Question about ipod touch rebate with purchase of Macbook | Is Apple keeping up? »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Happy Valentines Day M-f! Tanner31593 Schweb's Lounge 2 02-14-2008 07:21 PM
help me convert something, please. krrose27 Switcher Hangout 4 05-25-2007 02:10 AM
HELP - MAC not storing my settings from day to day, ie: want my icons in LIST view nmr1279 OS X - Operating System 8 02-05-2006 04:58 PM
Not one DA** dime day wiSezo Schweb's Lounge 3 01-06-2005 07:26 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?