New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

best buy.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macgig

macgig will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" 2007 Aluminum iMac 2.0 Ghz | 4 gigs ram | 10.6.8

anyone notice that best buy prices are high?

If you want to save money, best buy is not the "best buy".

I'm not sure why everyone shops there... I guess they have done a great job marketing and convincing people to shop there... I rarely go there... it's too expensive for me.
QUOTE Thanks
wcarr3

wcarr3 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad

The key to shopping at Best Buy is the buy what you want when it is on sale. They really do have decent sales. Other then that the only other reason to get something from there is to just buy something you need something immediately and can't wait a few days for something to come through the mail. There will always be better deals somewhere online.
QUOTE Thanks
nbrowser

nbrowser has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB

Best Buy, especially here in Canada. also owns acompany called Future Shop, now while products between the two branded stores is similar, the pricing is dead on and yes, some items they are pretty high, things like computer parts (memory, video cards and hard drives) some stuff is reletively inexpensive, like LCD monitors and the like. for myself living in a large urban area I have choice. If you can find something cheaper (and honestly I've seen variations of up to and over 100% difference) go get it from the cheaper source. Just shopwisely and dont buy your RAM from Best Buy ! lol

This is a multiplatform home !
QUOTE Thanks
MacBookPro

MacBookPro is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4ghz/200gb/2gb/15.4"+ Tons of Windows PC's

Best Buy also has some good deals on eBay.

http://stores.ebay.com/Best-Buy-Outl...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Whatever it is, you get it on eBay..................

eBay is full of it.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Great link - thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
dauber

dauber is a jewel in the roughdauber is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04

I buy from Best Buy because:
- I love the store -- lots of nerd stuff that's not quite as nerdy as, say, Fry's.
- Cheap prices -- seriously, for the stuff I buy there -- blank CDs/DVDs, music CDs, computer stuff, etc. -- they're usually the cheapest around.
- Reward Zone.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgig View Post
anyone notice that best buy prices are high?

If you want to save money, best buy is not the "best buy".

I'm not sure why everyone shops there... I guess they have done a great job marketing and convincing people to shop there... I rarely go there... it's too expensive for me.
what are you comparing bby to? other brick and mortar stores, or online stores?

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Waterpolo820

Waterpolo820 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
what are you comparing bby to? other brick and mortar stores, or online stores?
I would compare it to Fry's, Comp USA, Circuit City, etc. . But I don't know what he was comparing it to.

I try to stay away from Best Buy and Radio Shack.

"In a world full of ordinaries,
I will be extraordinary"
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i can only assume he means online stores - bby is always similar to the other stores, including target and walmart. some stuff is a couple bucks more, some a couple bucks cheaper. i don't think bby is trying to be the cheapest kid on the block, they try to tailor stores to locations and bring a decent selection of tech to people at reasonable prices, while still offering some higher end options - including installation that cheaper stores don't offer.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
nackteziege

nackteziege is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook White 2GB RAM

I've found that Best Buy is cheaper than Circuit City. I think it is definitely a matter of hitting their sales though.

New switcher on a Macbook; trying her best to "think different".
MacBook & iPod Touch user.
QUOTE Thanks
Waterpolo820

Waterpolo820 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell

well really when it comes down to buying anything electronic I tend to buy from Costco

"In a world full of ordinaries,
I will be extraordinary"
QUOTE Thanks
ornjman

ornjman is on a distinguished road

I love me some bestbuy!!! I always get great service. I can't stand "jerk it city" no one ever helps me. so why spend my money there. I'm not an online shopper. I like to go an touch everything!!
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

You'll almost always find it cheaper online because they don't have all the overhead B&M stores have. Personally, I go to BB or similar stores to see a product in person, then go home and find much cheaper online through price search sites like www.pricescan.com or www.mysimon.com.

I've been told that BB will price match, but I don't know if they would with online retailers. I've never tried. Anyone here tried before?

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« You gotta love it... | Help with dealing with... »