New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

My Dinner - Tuna Steak

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

Tuna with olive oil and smoked pepper grilled to about medium/medium rare. Sushi rice fixed with rice wine, salt, and sugar. Mayo & Sriracha mix layered with straight Sriracha on top for looks / dippage.

I also fixed garlic mashed potatoes with a tiny bit of old bay and soy sauce with wasabi to dip the tuna in and top the rice with.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
UnhndldExcptn

UnhndldExcptn is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro

Not too shabby. I love tuna steaks if they are cooked right (i.e. not dried out).
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

I would have had the tuna a little more rare, but still looks good.

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
skaheadpunk

skaheadpunk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule

I had a double cheeseburger

Sounds well yummy though.
QUOTE Thanks
gary61071

gary61071 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video

My dinner:

Two slices of fresh bread with ground roasted peanuts mixed with sugar, salt and oil along with a sweet strawberry sauce. Served with thinly sliced fried potatoes, lightly salted. A red '93 Chardonnay to wash it down.

...Okay, okay. It was a plain ol' peanut butter and jelly sandwich with potato chips and cherry kool-aid. Jif and Smuckers, simply the best!

"Of course I'm serious. And stop calling me Shirley."
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeafter2am View Post
I would have had the tuna a little more rare, but still looks good.

It was still nice and raw on the inside. I had the grill at about 550. About a minute and a half on each side just to finish it.

I would have cut it and fanned it out for the photos, but I had my Doberman over for a visit and it was taking all his will power when I told him sit stay...especially since the table was about eye height to him.

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
It was still nice and raw on the inside.
Have you ever used raw tuna prepared the Polynesian way?

Cut fresh tuna into chunks of about 1/2" sq, and marinate them in a bowl of coconut milk (prob tinned, shake it well first), one small or medium white onion chopped finely, the juice of 3 or 4 fresh limes, with salt and maybe raw sugar to taste. Mix it well, and then leave it for a minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight. Some like to chill it as well, but I prefer it at room temp. To be eaten with the fingers. It is both healthy and delicious. A chilled Sav Blanc or Chard goes well with it.
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
It was still nice and raw on the inside. I had the grill at about 550. About a minute and a half on each side just to finish it.

I would have cut it and fanned it out for the photos, but I had my Doberman over for a visit and it was taking all his will power when I told him sit stay...especially since the table was about eye height to him.
LOL! Nice!

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
Zeels90

Zeels90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)

I like the picture! Not sure I'd be very keen on eating the meal though >.<

Hope you enjoyed it!
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

You have a black table?

QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Looks like white oak, mission style

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeels90 View Post
I like the picture! Not sure I'd be very keen on eating the meal though >.<

Hope you enjoyed it!
I would not eat the picture, but I would for sure eat that meal! Looks so good!
QUOTE Thanks
delie147

delie147 is an unknown at this point

looks nice
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
You have a black table?
Really dark wood. Black would be cool though.

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

I made myself a soup with beef, vegetables and those oodon noodles in it. Like one of those laksa style soups. Was quite nice.

You're meal looks nice but not enough greens for my liking. And yep you cooked the fish just right. Why I'm saying that is most people I know can not do this.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Driving around in Los Angeles and San Francisco | New pc !!!! XD »