New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

college student store discount question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DeseanJackson09

DeseanJackson09 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know if college student stores offer better deals than Apple's current offer of $100 off a macbook + a free i-pod?
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Not in the college discount store.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Rocio

Rocio is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro/ 2.4Ghz /2 GB and iPod Nano 1stG

Are you talking about a specific bookstore from a college? Because I bought my MBP through my college's bookstore and it was 1720 which was a few hundreds off the regular 15" MBP price. I would say ask the university to see what kind of discounts they have.

15" MBP owner.
QUOTE Thanks
Nor Cal Nomad

Nor Cal Nomad is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2008 MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz 4GB, 19in Viewsonic LCD, Mac Alum keyboard, Razer Diamondback 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocio View Post
Are you talking about a specific bookstore from a college? Because I bought my MBP through my college's bookstore and it was 1720 which was a few hundreds off the regular 15" MBP price. I would say ask the university to see what kind of discounts they have.
no dude it's the same. Plus the discount for the MBP is a bit larger than the MB since it cost more.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

The discounts are interesting from the college store. Macbooks have a better deal than my corp discount, but that's not so with many other things. But, he's right the university here has better deals than the college store online at times.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Nomad View Post
no dude it's the same. Plus the discount for the MBP is a bit larger than the MB since it cost more.
Thats not true, certain mac sponsored schools have steeper discounts on products then purchasing from Apple with a student discount, even if you say you are from that school.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can you do without..... | This is getting ridiculous. »