zeppster
    My worst day ever
    Today has to be one of the worst days of my life.

School today was an early dismissal because of the holliday break and stuff. So at 11:55 I went into town with two of my friends just to hang out for a while and see if Newbury Comics would give my friend $20 for a used PS2 game. Anyways. We missed the bus home twice and then we ended up taking the wrong one. Somehow we found ourselves about 4 miles away from my house in the freezing rain at 3:00. I live in a very small town in western massachusetts and I thought instead of taking the road we should just cut through the woods. BAD IDEA. We started on a small trail and everything looked like it was going to be okay. After about a mile on that trail we ran into the railroad tracks that go about 3 miles behind my house. The tracks are raised up about 15 feet on a mound of dirt and there was a small stream/river/brook thing right before we cross the tracks. Thinking the water would be frozen enough to walk across I took a stick and hit it hard a couple of times. Seemed fine. I went across first, but about half way I heard a cracking noise and the next thing I know I'm waist deep in water. 0 degree water(fahrenheit). Not worrying about getting wet anymore I just waded the rest of the way. My friends manged to get across unharmed using sticks and stuff.

After reaching the tracks we decided to not follow the tracks to the road but rather try to cut through some of the fields. Another bad Idea!We slipped under a rusty fence and started walking on a trail again. after about 100 yards we reached another river. A real river. A deep river, about 70 feet across. There was a beaver dam built basicly all the way across so we decided to risk it and walk across. This is where things started to get bad. We all fell at least twice but eventually got across. From here on it was just about 2.5 miles of walking in swampy, wet fields which wasn't that bad. Finally we got to my house and ordered pizza.

Congratulations you just wasted 5 minutes reading about my miserable life.

Desolate One
    I hope the pizza was good.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Pizza and root beer, right.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
    That sounds like awesome fun actually.

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    Quote Originally Posted by edgefusion
    That sounds like awesome fun actually.
    I agree, it takes a lot for me to get lost at all, I have a very good sense of direction and an IQ of 187(at last check a few years ago), but I did get lost once cause of my brother, it was pretty fun, we walked around half the city and ended up behind the zoo climbing across sewer pipes to get across a river/sewer outlet/something smelly, ,Im sure you think today was So terrible, but in a few years, youll look back and laugh. well, maybe not, but as I always say, what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger.

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppster
    Today has to be one of the worst days of my life.

School today was an early dismissal because of the holliday break and stuff. So at 11:55 I went into town with two of my friends just to hang out for a while and see if Newbury Comics would give my friend $20 for a used PS2 game. Anyways. We missed the bus home twice and then we ended up taking the wrong one. Somehow we found ourselves about 4 miles away from my house in the freezing rain at 3:00. I live in a very small town in western massachusetts and I thought instead of taking the road we should just cut through the woods. BAD IDEA. We started on a small trail and everything looked like it was going to be okay. After about a mile on that trail we ran into the railroad tracks that go about 3 miles behind my house. The tracks are raised up about 15 feet on a mound of dirt and there was a small stream/river/brook thing right before we cross the tracks. Thinking the water would be frozen enough to walk across I took a stick and hit it hard a couple of times. Seemed fine. I went across first, but about half way I heard a cracking noise and the next thing I know I'm waist deep in water. 0 degree water(fahrenheit). Not worrying about getting wet anymore I just waded the rest of the way. My friends manged to get across unharmed using sticks and stuff.

After reaching the tracks we decided to not follow the tracks to the road but rather try to cut through some of the fields. Another bad Idea!We slipped under a rusty fence and started walking on a trail again. after about 100 yards we reached another river. A real river. A deep river, about 70 feet across. There was a beaver dam built basicly all the way across so we decided to risk it and walk across. This is where things started to get bad. We all fell at least twice but eventually got across. From here on it was just about 2.5 miles of walking in swampy, wet fields which wasn't that bad. Finally we got to my house and ordered pizza.

Congradulations you just wasted 5 minutes reading about my miserable life.
    and you spelled congratulations wrong, so congratulations. lol.

i wasted more like 2 minutes because I scanned through it but glad you made it home safe

Thread Information