Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
    I'm getting very angry
    And no I'm not Marvin the martian. I bought a macbook on the 7th off of ebay and paid for it on the 8th, but I'm getting really bad vibes from this guy as it takes him FOREVER to answer my emails. The guy sent me 3 messages during the course of Friday night and Saturday morning wondering when I was going to pay for it. I paid for it Saturday afternoon and asked the guy if he could mail it out to me on Monday. The guy didn't answer my email until yesterday and he said he was "So sorry" and he was "Out of town." Of course I emailed him back later on during the night and asked if he mailed it out yet, and still no answer. Look it's $800 I'm talking about here, should I file an item not received report?
    Yes my name is Jaguar.
    No, it is not a joke.
    I don't find your "I'm a cheetah." joke funny.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Does the guy have a history on eBay? Anyone else comment that they had not receiving their items in a timely manner? Slow to respond to emails?

Maybe if you look back at his feedback history that will give you a better idea of what to expect from him. I would give him at least 5 business days to ship, after that, I'd start getting worried.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
    i would open a dispute right now with paypal, its a little fast, and you might look like a jerk for it but by doing this you lock his paypal account and any money he may be transferring. If he does scam you, you have a way way better chance of getting more of your money back.

dont let up till you get a tracking number, and even then i would probably wait till you recieve the item

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.4ghz/200gb/2gb/15.4"+ Tons of Windows PC's
    Go get his phone #. Use this form:
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQtZvbQQsofindtypeZ9

Call him. Also use his phone # and use the # to search on where he lives (please don't stalk him though) Just use it in case he is a scammer and want to sue him- that way you will have his information
    Whatever it is, you get it on eBay..................

eBay is full of it.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by xj6jaguar1985 View Post
    ....The guy didn't answer my email until yesterday and he said he was "So sorry" and he was "Out of town." Of course I emailed him back later on during the night and asked if he mailed it out yet, and still no answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    I would give him at least 5 business days to ship, after that, I'd start getting worried.
    I agree with this. Email is not an instant messaging service, though many people sometimes try to treat it as such. Life sometimes brings you minor hang-ups and you should be giving the seller the benefit of the doubt. It might take him a day or two to respond, especially if he just got back from being out of town.
    Be patient and give him ample time to respond and ship the item.
    eBay sellers are regular people (for the most part), not gigantic corporate retail entities.
    Don't jump in with a missing item report when it has only been 3 business days since you paid for your item. Give it until at least Friday and if he hasn't responded by then, perhaps you could begin to consider a dispute.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    20" 2007 Aluminum iMac 2.0 Ghz | 4 GB ram | 10.6.8
    so many scammers out there today, no way I would spend that much $ on anything without dealing in person with the party.

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5
    Isn't it funny that eBay sellers are always glued to their desks 24/7 until the moment you pay, then they're 'out of town'. Seriously, I have bought 30 or 40 items from eBay and probably more than a quarter of them went through the pattern you just described.

What I personally think it is down to is people selling things they don't havem need the money quickly to buy it, but then have to wait themselves for it to be shipped. But then again, I am a cynic!
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
    - Joan D. Vinge

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
    Isn't it funny that eBay sellers are always glued to their desks 24/7 until the moment you pay, then they're 'out of town'. Seriously, I have bought 30 or 40 items from eBay and probably more than a quarter of them went through the pattern you just described.

What I personally think it is down to is people selling things they don't havem need the money quickly to buy it, but then have to wait themselves for it to be shipped. But then again, I am a cynic!
    Not to get too far OT, but it is odd how they're always "out of town" during an auction. Whenever I've ever sold anything, I always figured it would behoove me to be available during and immediately after the auction - in fact, I always watch them like a hawk.

I once bought a Dell DJ (I know, I know...) that didn't ship and the seller never responded until I filed a dispute with Paypal. Oddly enough it was post marked the very next day.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    MacBook Pro Unibody
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    I once bought a Dell DJ (I know, I know...) that didn't ship and the seller never responded until I filed a dispute with Paypal. Oddly enough it was post marked the very next day.
    The exact same thing happened to me with an ebay store and a bluetooth headset. Oddly enough when I bought my Blackberry (which was from a person, not a store) it shipped the same day I payed. Just depends I guess.
    masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am

Specs:
    i hate to disagree with a mod and make you paranoid. But I got scammed on a touch.

and if you wait longer, less money may become available to you through paypals protection program if you wait forever.

my actual best advice would be to look at any other active listings he has, and when his last feedbacks were posted and judge what to do from there.

hope this helps and sorry to sound like a crazy paranoid person...lol

Specs:
    933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
    I filed an item not received report with paypal yesterday and I even called the guy and still no answer. It's weird because he's been a member since 2006 and has really good feedback!
    Yes my name is Jaguar.
    No, it is not a joke.

Specs:
    I filed an item not received report with paypal yesterday and I even called the guy and still no answer. It's weird because he's been a member since 2006 and has really good feedback!
    yah, but this could be irrelevant.

if someone phished his account they can sell bs(bologna stuff ) on it and take the money by just changing the paypal info.

also, lots of scammers will sell stuff to each other and leave each other lots of positive feedback this way it looks like a good account/seller.

poker chips are an item that is generally used among others.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by imnothardcore View Post
    yah, but this could be irrelevant.

if someone phished his account they can sell bs(bologna stuff ) on it and take the money by just changing the paypal info.

also, lots of scammers will sell stuff to each other and leave each other lots of positive feedback this way it looks like a good account/seller.

poker chips are an item that is generally used among others.

Well, I just spoke with someone on paypal on the phone. Regardless of whether or not I receive the laptop, I get my money back because I'm protected up to $2,000. To be honest, I'm kinda hoping the guy doesn't answer...I miss having a powerbook.
    Yes my name is Jaguar.
    No, it is not a joke.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.4ghz/200gb/2gb/15.4"+ Tons of Windows PC's
    Well, I just spoke with someone on paypal on the phone. Regardless of whether or not I receive the laptop, I get my money back because I'm protected up to $2,000. To be honest, I'm kinda hoping the guy doesn't answer...I miss having a powerbook.
    You only get the money if the guy kept the money in his account. If you read the User Agreement it states in section 2 paragraph 2 of section VII. (Consumer Protection Programs) that Recovery of your claim is not guaranteed. It happened to me, but after I threatened a lawsuit, he paypaled my money back.
    Whatever it is, you get it on eBay..................

eBay is full of it.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBookPro View Post
    You only get the money if the guy kept the money in his account.
    yah i didnt get the full amount back, think it was about 50 dollars or so short.
    hurts, but i really didnt know what else i could of done about it. just learned from my mistake....

Thread Information