New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Where to Buy a Mac in LA and SFK

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

silverMBP

silverMBP is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am visiting LA and SFK sometime mid-Sep 08, and would like to know where would be a good place (authorised dealers/premium resellers) to buy a MacBook Pro, aside from the Apple Shops? I was hopping for a better promotion. I would be residing in touristy area in town.

Any recommendations or suggestions pls? It would be good if you can include name of shops and their addresses pls. A bonus if I could have telephone numbers and contact person. I am really worried about ending up in fradulent shops.

Thanks a million, pepes.

rgds

Alan
QUOTE Thanks
Nor Cal Nomad

Nor Cal Nomad is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2008 MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz 4GB, 19in Viewsonic LCD, Mac Alum keyboard, Razer Diamondback 3G

nah you really can't get a better deal anywhere, unless it's something like the store is closing (happened in my town). Just go to a mac store
QUOTE Thanks
silverMBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Nomad View Post
nah you really can't get a better deal anywhere, unless it's something like the store is closing (happened in my town). Just go to a mac store
Thanks for the heads up. In this part of the world, though the price of the machine is controlled, the resellers/dealers/agents packaged other items free of charge as a package. For example, the current MBP 2.5ghz cost about USD2,600 equivalent, but it comes free with the followings:

a) Original Apple wireless mighty mouse
b) Original Apple cover (many colours to choose from)
c) External HDD (160GB other brands)
d) Sleeve for MBP (other brands)
e) 1GB RAM free upgrade to 3GB onboard

Not too bad a deal huh? But I am still undecided about buying the above package with the rumoured coming of the new MBP in sep.
QUOTE Thanks
Nor Cal Nomad

Nor Cal Nomad is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2008 MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz 4GB, 19in Viewsonic LCD, Mac Alum keyboard, Razer Diamondback 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverMBP View Post
Thanks for the heads up. In this part of the world, though the price of the machine is controlled, the resellers/dealers/agents packaged other items free of charge as a package. For example, the current MBP 2.5ghz cost about USD2,600 equivalent, but it comes free with the followings:

a) Original Apple wireless mighty mouse
b) Original Apple cover (many colours to choose from)
c) External HDD (160GB other brands)
d) Sleeve for MBP (other brands)
e) 1GB RAM free upgrade to 3GB onboard

Not too bad a deal huh? But I am still undecided about buying the above package with the rumoured coming of the new MBP in sep.
thats a good deal but are these resellers mac certified so that the warranty and everything is legit?
QUOTE Thanks
silverMBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Nomad View Post
thats a good deal but are these resellers mac certified so that the warranty and everything is legit?
Yes, they are.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« dave ramsey fans here? | Wii Mac »