New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Please help! ive mad a huge mistake

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iPlayLax

iPlayLax is on a distinguished road

Ok, well this might get kind of long but i've made a hugeee mistake. I was accepted to umass amherst. The school of my dreams i thought, but i went for orientation and i hated it. I was also accepted to a more local school bridgewater state college, and so was my girlfriend. I was originally suppose to go to umass, i had all my classes picked and my room was all set. mind you this was only about three weeks ago. But i changed my mind and decided to attend bsc, i spoke with a woman at umass told her about my withdrawal and everything. but now im regretting that decision, i want to go to umass but school starts in less than a month. do you think i will be able call umass and they will let me attend after explaining my huge mistake to them? please help me, im a mess
QUOTE Thanks
idsamdg

idsamdg is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac, macbook, iphone4S, ipad2

You won't know until you try!

-IDSAMDG

iMessage me: bryanwagneradair@me.com
QUOTE Thanks
iPlayLax

iPlayLax is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by idsamdg View Post
You won't know until you try!
and i wont know until monday when they are in office and its killing me not to know because this is my life we're talking about. i'm just looking for opinions from you guys
QUOTE Thanks
joe.morgan

joe.morgan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD

you may have already burnt ure bridge but its worth a try. Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Maybe they'll let you change to a deferral and you can go back next year, or just reapply if that doesn't pan out. But since you've already turned them down they may not look favorably on another application.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
frankmezz

frankmezz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21 inch

if there was NO waiting list to get in, you can get back without a problem. Other wise they might have given your bed away. See if you can get on the waiting list and be put at the top. There are ALWAYS no shows and they will pull from the wait list.

PS I work at a University :-)
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

umass sucks, don't worry about it
QUOTE Thanks
Khris

Khris has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
umass sucks, don't worry about it
You suck too, but don't worry about it.

Without additional comments to backup my statement, it's pretty useless (and was said only to demonstrate a point).....as is yours. Why not try explain why you think it sucks?
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris View Post
You suck too, but don't worry about it.

Without additional comments to backup my statement, it's pretty useless (and was said only to demonstrate a point).....as is yours. Why not try explain why you think it sucks?
I was just trying to make him feel better about his decision... I know nothing about umass, except that I have heard of it which is more than I can say about BSC. It probably is the better school.
QUOTE Thanks
Khris

Khris has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD

So why not just be honest instead of telling someone what you THINK they want to hear?
QUOTE Thanks
clamsjager

clamsjager is on a distinguished road

you may be screwed, for this year atleast. If you call and they say no, dont go pushing there buttons, just go to the other school for a year and reapply next year. I had somthing along the same lines happen to me with Wentworth. I appyed the next year and got in with no problems.
QUOTE Thanks
BuickGN

BuickGN is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook 2.4ghz/4gigram/sd/leopard

Is UMASS a state school or a private college?

If it is a state school, i don't see how they could keep you out....

I am the Milkman
QUOTE Thanks
nackteziege

nackteziege is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook White 2GB RAM

^ Seriously? State schools do not guarantee acceptance in any way, shape, or form. What?

Good luck man. My friend just had some weird crisis where she decided to cancel her plans at a university to go to a community college practically on a whim [within two days, no lie]. She has now [in my opinion, especially in her situation, thankfully] made the decision to go back to the university. Note that classes start on the 25th of this month, and her move-in starts on like the 20th.

Point being, it's a similar situation. All you can do is try to get back in, but there are no guarantees. I don't know if my friend had completely withdrawn yet. Good luck, and if it doesn't work out, there's always the transfer option.

New switcher on a Macbook; trying her best to "think different".
MacBook & iPod Touch user.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

The OP sounds just like my oldest. Indecision may or may not his their problem. Don't give up your dream school for a chick, she'll likely be gone in a short time but your dream school will always be with you.

QUOTE Thanks
xj6jaguar1985

xj6jaguar1985 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

Dude....
Look at it this way:
Everything happens for a reason. There is a reason why you chose BSC over UMASS. Go to college with your girl, you'll like it more. Trust me.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can I copy a word document from... | 2008 Olympics »