New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

disapearing hard drive?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rilf

rilf is on a distinguished road

I have been having problems writing dvd with popcorn and realised that free space on my hard drive was disapearing i thought i had about 20 odd gig free then found i only had 10 and when i tried to write the most recent disc which failed i only had 2 left. can anyone tell me where these missing gigs are? i have tried searching my hard drive and totalling up files and now i think there is almost 40 gig hiding somewhere! I have a G4 with 128 gig hard drive. thanks
QUOTE Thanks
techound1

Location: Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come visit me --->
techound1 has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like the unburned disk images are eating up your space.
QUOTE Thanks
rilf

rilf is on a distinguished road

i think your right but i just cant find them to delete them. using Disk inventory X i can only account for 84gig of my 128gig hard drive even using disk inventory thru psuedo i can't find more than 84gig. any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
techound1

Location: Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come visit me --->
techound1 has a spectacular aura about

do a quick web search for their file format suffix - might be something like .iso - and try using finder to look for those.

Alternatively, in finder, use the "search for" on the side bar and look in the things you used today (or whenever they were created).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Buying a Gift for my Pops. | turn off click sound »