New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Talk about your 1st time using Mac...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Maxp0wer2004

Well, as few will know, i was expecting an iBook, but then i didnt get it. 2 days ago i went into CompUSA and i saw my first real-life Mac. It was the first time i ever saw a REAL Mac. I used a PowerMac, PowerBook, iMac, and an eMac, i couldnt let go. I thought Windows XP was good, Mac left me in awe, (much like when the guy gets blown out of his couch when he sees color TV.)

They have a cool mouse (Apple Pro Mouse) which is alot better than the mouse im using in Windows. I couldnt believe that i liked and knew how to use Mac after being on Windows for 4 years. :mac:

So, what was it like when you first used Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

I've used Macs breifly in school years ago as well as an ex's iMac, but my first real mac usage came just recently when I picked up my iBook. The thing is so easy to use and very logical, almost telepathic. Even though I only have 256MB of RAM, the thing is much quicker then my PC w/ 512MB. I can't wait to have the thing screaming when I max out my RAM @ 1.2GB!
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I was 11, in middle school, I had my webpage design class that used Macintosh LC II. We also did hypercard stuff on them.
QUOTE Thanks
Zach_C

I went to my sister's school for the parent teacher conference (I was really young and went for the ride). It had to have been about 1988. I had used a Commodore 64 at home all the time and it was nothing but text besides a few games and such. However when my father was in talking to the teacher I went and saw these computers where you clicked on icons and no longer typed to a dir. I was hooked. Sadly I could not afford one as I was about 5 years old. My family went through years of Windows useage since as anyone could tell you as the mid nineties came up Apple was not doing to well. When I turned 16 and got my first job I started saving and bought my first (and still only) PowerMac G4. This is where my real use with a Mac came from but I still remember the Macs that I originally saw.
QUOTE Thanks
IronMac

IronMac is a jewel in the roughIronMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2

Well when I was just a lad, I had a computer class and we made and Abe Lincoln Silhouette by typing x's all over, then came Oregon Trail... on a IIe what i would give to play that again. Then came HS and when i got busy on my school newspaper and yearbook and DOOM... Ah the good old days
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

Me? i used in in sch about 96' at first i didnt know it was a mac. then recently, i wanna switch as windows sux. then i didnt wanna switch. then there was a comp fair. i played with a iBook. i loved it. installed messenger. bloody fast, used safari cool. then, i was convinced to switch.playing ard with it. suddenly lots of ppl behind me looking at me play that baby. i didnt even know they were there. therre was this lady that think that i was a sales dude. she tried to take away my mac advertisment(for that fair).lol.. but b4 leaving that ibook, i did one naughty thing. in safari, i set the homepage to microsoft.com, saved, open safari n walked away.
QUOTE Thanks
siteunscene

must have been about 1974
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

Your fisrt time using a Mac??!

that sounds a bit freaky :alien:
QUOTE Thanks
CJ064

CJ064 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro

oregon trail in elementry school was the best. That was the first time I ever used a mac until a few months ago when i bought a used iBook off ebay after my iPod sparked an interst in apples. About a week ago I just got my first new apple a 12" Powerbook.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Void warranty? | Money/Currency Font - Looking for a free font... »