New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Do you think it sells?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

Hey everyone. I was just thinking of the iPod Photo. And how much of a waste of money it is. Why would you want to view pictures on such a small screen. Would you actually walk around looking at pictures on your iPod? It doesn't even have a camera... So i don't see why it would be a good seller. It's so expensive.... but in my opinion not worth it. What do you think? Is it selling? Would you buy one ?
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

I wouldn't buy one. I don't even have regular iPod, and don't plan on getting one anytime soon.

I don't completely understand the whole iPod craze, anyway. I think iPod is great, but I don't listen to music that much when I'm not either in the car, or at my desk. (In both places, I have something else to play music.)

I suppose some people might like digital pictures enough to buy one. Lots of people carry photos in their wallets that aren't any smaller than iPod Photo's screen.* And remember, iPod Photo still plays music, works as a hard drive, stores contacts, etc. I think it'll sell to enough people to make a profit, but I think that most people will just buy non-photo iPod.

*You can show them on a television, too.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

One thing about it, it iPod controls display in a OS X mimic that is truly amazing! If I had that money, I might buy it for that instead of the storage and photo capability!
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

"One thing about it, it iPod controls display in a OS X mimic"

I don't really understand that. But thanks for the replies. I think it would still make a profit, but wouldn't be that useful. Only for music. But then theres the regular iPod. :S
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I was interested, but when will you walk around and show photos to someone, the color screen is cool, but not worth the money IMO. one good use is for photographers, if they have that belkin card reader, they can shoot with a digital camera, as many do now, and drop it on the ipod photo and see what they have, better than on most camera displays.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Apparently it is selling more than it was expecting to

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

Good point Macman. There's a flash reader in the dock right?

And i think it might sell more because of people who just have maney to blow. And it's christmas so it might become a good (but expensive) gift.

And is the colour screen really that crisp?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

There is not a flash reader in the dock

The screen is incredibly crisp

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun89
Good point Macman. There's a flash reader in the dock right?

And i think it might sell more because of people who just have maney to blow. And it's christmas so it might become a good (but expensive) gift.

And is the colour screen really that crisp?
nope, the card reader is by belkin and sells seperately.
QUOTE Thanks
SamR

Yeah the screen is very crisp, and it cycles through photots as fast as you can spin your finger around without missing a beat. It's better than I thought it'd be to look at pictures but not worth the size/money for me. I bet the 60GB sells just as much if not more just for people who won't even put pictures on it but need that much space for music.
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

Oh. True... They should make a 60 GB regular. But then they will probably just sell alot more of those, and alot less of iPod Photos. You think thats why there is only a 60 GB iPod Photo?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Anyone work at the Apple Store? | Nintendo DS Anyone? »