New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

I'm getting sucked in.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Desolate One

I bought my iBook beacuse I was down and out and wanted to buy a new toy. I've been in the market for a notebook since I fought w/ Dell customer suport to have them take their notebook back and return my money in Feb. Regardless, I was at a mates, played with his, bought mine the next day. Now I wish I had an iMac, G5 preferably.

I mean I've been having a grand ol' time making my way around Panther and I'm finding myself as proficient with it as I have been w/ my WIntel machines. And I'm at the point where I don't care if I can use Linux on these boxes, I just want to drop them out of my 2nd floor flat window.

So yah, I'm getting sucked in and I can see why Apple has a cult following. Never thought I'd be on this side of the fence, but here I am, and enjoying every minute.
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Like i said... One born every minute.

Have fun with your mac man! I'm use mine too but for work we're moving back to PC's and Linux more cost effective they said.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

start saving, youll get a imac g5 eventually, its only 1300$ here , with $30 mail in rebate new.
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

Quote:
Originally Posted by hype.it
Like i said... One born every minute.

Yes, I saw your thread. Must really suck to be a bitter bloke as you. **** off ****.

Macman, Yah. Built one on Apple's store, came out a bit over 2k. No matter though, this country was built on credit. If I really feel up to it I'll just punch my 16 digits in and wait with great angst.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolate One
Yes, I saw your thread. Must really suck to be a bitter bloke as you. **** off ****.

Macman, Yah. Built one on Apple's store, came out a bit over 2k. No matter though, this country was built on credit. If I really feel up to it I'll just punch my 16 digits in and wait with great angst.
sounds like a plan, or you could go to wells fargo, open an account with $100, and take out a business loan.
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolate One

Naw.. You got the wrong end of the stick man. I'm not a bitter bloke... far from it. I just don't let the machines run my life. They are a tool, like a car or a push bike. They are there to make some things in life easier. But little bill gates seemed to miss that one when he developed windows.

The Mac's a great machines, I just dislike all this *OMG you did that to you mac crap* Call it Fanboyism if you wish, i really don't care.

I like my mac, so much so i gently rip it apart once in a while to remove dust and other alien things from deep inside the case. It's a great way to get to know what does what, so if it should stop working your not there in apple centre with your checkbook waiting for some grease techie to swap old for older parts. I hate things being dirty, annoys me more than having a messy room.
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

Heh, would have applied for the loan but the business isn't taking off as I would have liked. Oh well, on to the next business venture!
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

Quote:
Originally Posted by hype.it
Naw.. You got the wrong end of the stick man. I'm not a bitter bloke... far from it. I just don't let the machines run my life. They are a tool, like a car or a push bike. They are there to make some things in life easier. But little bill gates seemed to miss that one when he developed windows.

The Mac's a great machines, I just dislike all this *OMG you did that to you mac crap* Call it Fanboyism if you wish, i really don't care.

I like my mac, so much so i gently rip it apart once in a while to remove dust and other alien things from deep inside the case. It's a great way to get to know what does what, so if it should stop working your not there in apple centre with your checkbook waiting for some grease techie to swap old for older parts. I hate things being dirty, annoys me more than having a messy room.
Well then I misunderstood the whole "new keyboard" thread. I do apologise. However you did come off quite abrasive w/ the whole "n00b every minute" comment, in this thread as well as lijukingz's thread.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« God darn it.... | iSight for windows? »