New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Woot!!! Got a New Keyboard....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Wow.... and Disassembled it.

Just look what a screwdriver and some time can do.

Erm... All that because there was moldy cookie crumbs inside....
G5 Next...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01193.jpg (46.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01195.jpg (26.2 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01196.jpg (51.8 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01199.jpg (44.0 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01205.jpg (46.7 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01206.jpg (43.0 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Image-86B6C0C55A4611D8.jpg (94.2 KB, 265 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

omg u troll! get lost u loser! mACS RULE, GO BACK 2 WINBLOWZ U IDIOT
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

G5 all laid out...

*whoops* dropped a CPU
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

*Mac cult pops out of a bush to repair the keyboard and the G5*
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

I fancy wall mounting the motherboard....

more space saving i think.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Cult Leader: WE WILL NOT LET YOU OPERATE THAT MACHINE UNLESS IT IS IN ITS SEXY APPLE CASE! HEIL JOBS!
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image-86B697C35A4611D8.jpg (87.1 KB, 70 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

XD!

Classic...
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Without being fanboyish (before Abs starts attacking me :robot: ), but why did you dismantle your entire keyboard and your G5?!?
Just to take the pictures??

Nevertheless, the pics are great, always wanted to see every single part of a G5 PowerMac. :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Umm... well, i need something different for a wallpaper, so i thought i'd rip apart the most lovable thing in the house and take mug-shots of it crying out in pain as I unscrew every nut and bolt and shred to bits everything that wasn't moulded from the same material or that i wanted to make a whole load of macfanboys and girls cry because it's fun watching people cry as someone takes apart something that supposed to be perfect or it could be that I needed a case to house my dual amd opteron but it could be all three though, what did you think...
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

I see... :spook:

Well, no reaction from the fanboys until now...quite strange...
The title of the thread doesn't sound alarming enough to make them appear, I guess.

Personnaly, I think it's your property, and you can do whatever you want with it. I was just curious of why you took it apart.
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

Sweet. I can't do that. My computer is bought with hard-earned money.
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I see... :spook:

Well, no reaction from the fanboys until now...quite strange...
The title of the thread doesn't sound alarming enough to make them appear, I guess.

Personnaly, I think it's your property, and you can do whatever you want with it. I was just curious of why you took it apart.

Does it matter that i ripped the guts out of a G5? It might be a dream machine for some people but it's not a dream machine for everyone... looks great on the wall though...

*powers it up and throughs darts at the logic board*

my coffee!!!
:eek:
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

As I said, I was just curious to know why.
It's not a dreammachine to me either, it's just simply a computer, a tool. I never dream about machines or tools...
Nevertheless, I rarely put apart something that works, unless I want to upgrade parts.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Personally I think it's a bit daft to take it all apart, but that's just me

If you ever decide to throw it off a tall building, let me know so I can be waiting to catch it, I could use a G5...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cant Wait | not another new game! »