New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Anyone use Verison Wireless?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Desolate One

Thinking about switching. How's the service? Wot network do they use?

Thanks.

Also I'm not noticing any good deals on their plans, wot attracted you to this service?
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Switching from what? I personally feel Verizon is the devil.

What are your needs for cell service...do you travel much or mainly local?

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

Well my GF has Verizon from her company and suggested I switch because mobile to mobile is free of charge. However I can't seem to find a similar plan to wot I have now w/o paying a ton. So I'm not going to save any money there. Another con of Verizon is the roaming charge. I do quite a bit of traveling and @ .69/min, just unacceptible.

I currently have T-Mobile and have been happy w/ their service, no complaints here. However she now lives 1700+ miles away so we do a lot of talking on the phone.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Tell her to switch to t-mobile since couples talk for free

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I have Verizon wireless. There are plans with free long distance minutes. I have not had any problems with Verizon.

I believe they are the devil when it comes to DSL though.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
code777

i've had verizon / bell atlantic since 1995 and the service in my state has improved dramatically, they are basically becoming a M$ but their service is the best around here. Their CS is terrible as every rep tells you something wrong or different. I have a Moto v710 that works like a charm and i use it with my iBook as a modem, i just wish Verizon would like data transfers happen for the v710 but they say they will lose money because people would be transfering pics off the cell to their computer, whatever...

if I had t-Mobile I'd get that sony erricson phone but t-mobile is not very good in my state....
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

Well the company pays her Verizon mobile service so it's out of the question for her to switch. I did see the free long distance plans, however I'll be getting half the minutes I get now for the same price, plus a ridiculous charge on roaming and since I travel a bit that's unacceptible.

All in all I feel switching will end up costing me more money whereas she feels I'll save. I think I need to throw together a slideshow presentation for her to break it down. Then again she'll feel insulted and thus it's a lose/lose situation. Ya just can't please women. :bomb:
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Oh yes you can please a woman. All you have to do is, do what she wants. lol :black: :flower:

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

Heh, very true rman! But the discrepancy is that she wants me to switch because she says it will save ME money! Well I wont bring it up to her if you dont. I think I'll stick w/ T-Mobile.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

Like you said, if it does not say you money and you like your current plan. It seems there is no choice there.

QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I recommend getting a sony ericson phone, so you can use saling clicker and buddy pop, etc. theyyre great.
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman
I recommend getting a sony ericson phone, so you can use saling clicker and buddy pop, etc. theyyre great.
Saling Clicker and Buddy Pop? Are they apps native to the Sony Ericson line?
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

no, but buddy pop is cool, it syncs ichat, and address book with saling clicker, itll even display the picture of the person calling and does all sorts of cool stuff.
QUOTE Thanks
Beatles4Life

Beatles4Life is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.9.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
Oh yes you can please a woman. All you have to do is, do what she wants. lol
You never know until you talk to her.

::goes back on topic::

My brother and mom have T-Mobile. I once used one of their cell phones to make a call, and the reception was really good.

One of my friends has Verizon, and I've noticed that the reception on her cell phone is a little fuzzy.

"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John Lennon.
QUOTE Thanks
firsteggprez

firsteggprez is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by code777
i've had verizon / bell atlantic since 1995 and the service in my state has improved dramatically, they are basically becoming a M$ but their service is the best around here. Their CS is terrible as every rep tells you something wrong or different. I have a Moto v710 that works like a charm and i use it with my iBook as a modem, i just wish Verizon would like data transfers happen for the v710 but they say they will lose money because people would be transfering pics off the cell to their computer, whatever...

if I had t-Mobile I'd get that sony erricson phone but t-mobile is not very good in my state....
I also have a v710! I got it the day it came out. As for service, Verizon has the best and none of the company's can compete. I use to have att (8 months ago) and it was horrible. My uncle just moved from orange county (he has cingular) to San Diego (moved the biz closer to my dad cause hes the president now) and he cant get service in his house or the office so he just got a new blackberry from Verizon. Verizon is the best even though I admit that its totally retarded that they make you use their get it now service... but its totally worth it.:teen:

-Chapman Film School: Class of 2012-
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« burning dvds... | .mac - Is this useful or a waste of time? »