Thread: How do i?

How do i?
    I found my old cd of 6000 .ttf fonts, i'm wondering if there is a simple way to install all of them in mass amount. From what i know, you have to double click each one and hit the install button... :O, that would take forever...

If anyone knows any good applications to install mass amount of fonts, fell free to share your knowledge......

Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
    Grab yourself a copy of Suitcase™ XI (I'm guessing about $100) and copy all your fonts to a directory, anywhere on your drive will be o.k, then add them all to suitcase. Every time you startup Suitcase™ will enable what you want, when you want.

Or you can just copy them all to the Font directory in your home directory, located:

home > Library > Fonts

but the more you add, the longer it takes for an application to see them all.
    Apple's FontBook™ is the alternative free option but it's not great!

I'm sooo angry right now.......

i had to reinstall my whole panther os.... i read that if you copy all the .ttf files into the Library/fonts folder, the computer should see all the fonts after you restart...

I copied about 6, 000 fonts into there, and when i went to restart, it never turned back on...

I'm sitting at 11:42 now reinstalling everything... :mad:

Edit: Spread the word to people who ask this question... Prevent it from happening again.

if u use fontbook, just open up the application, select all the fonts in whatever folder you have them in, and drag them onto the fontbook window

will that work for 6k fonts?? i dont want to reinstall this again...

FontAgent Pro works great for me.

Thanks johnny, but i'm looking for something FREE.. i like the advice about just dragging all the files into font book, but wha i'm worried about is having to reinstall os x again becuase before, i just copied all my fonts into the /library/fonts directory

Thread Information