New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Mac-Forums' Bar & Grill II

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryphotoguy View Post
Earth week if I am not mistaken. I am watching you schweb.
*shifty eyes*

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Wow, this place is cleaner that the other place.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
CL33Zero

CL33Zero is a jewel in the roughCL33Zero is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
There are people on the board who get really annoyed by those who tout their post count and feel it's a negative to the community.

I would imagine whomever gave that to you is simply sharing that fact with you.
Thats just stupid. And then nobody leaves their name. Its like some whole childish "talk behind your back" feel. Thats what is a negative to the forum and agree or not, its just my opinion just as you may think its wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb
Just for the record, agree or not with the statement, but I think this comment is also out of line. Not everyone posts alot here
Hmmm, so someone with 4, who only posts to insult, gets defended. But when other people put a side note, as sort of a milestone to how long they have been here, they get cut down?

I find it funny how this place seems to always make attempts to drive away the better members.

Its time to go...
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

Uh-oh, schweb, we're on page two. This thread is getting too long; we should start a new one.

I remember seeing you switch to the leaf right before or during earth week. I figured you were "going green."

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
ogacon

ogacon has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs:  15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver

2nd page! Woot! I'm forever in MF history. Now lock thread, its getting out of hand.

Relay For Life Support me in Relay For Life! Run by American Cancer Society. Cancer research.
What sound does your Rooster make?
QUOTE Thanks
Tanner31593

Tanner31593 has a spectacular aura about

YEAH!
Weird, new Bar and Grill thread.
Curious, were there any drawbacks as an admin, to a thread so long?

Anyways, memorial parade is coming up on....well, memorial day. Don't know why I even bothered to say that.

I'm practicing the trumpet right now.

I don't hear myself that often, and now that I do I realize that I need to practice more! Tone quality has dropped a TINY bit.

This summer, I will practice!!!

Anyway, we got new phones yesterday!
More details in a new thread coming soon. It was (is) a GREAT experience.

iRye suspended?!?!?
Don't mean to start something by saying it. It's just sad to see someone banned or suspended to me, because if that person were ME, I don't know what I would do.

I mean seriously, what WOULD I do without M-F?!
I go to it just as often, if not more, than facebook....and I thought THAT controlled my life!

It's so great here!
I could SCREAM out of pure weirdness.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL33Zero View Post
Hmmm, so someone with 4, who only posts to insult, gets defended. But when other people put a side note, as sort of a milestone to how long they have been here, they get cut down?

I find it funny how this place seems to always make attempts to drive away the better members.
Read the FAQ for the Reputation system my friend, you may learn a thing or two before you start making assumptions. The member that left the rep was totally within their rights to leave rep for that, what do you want me to do about that?

BTW, your member since date is a much better indicator of how long you've been here than post count.

We also fully realize that the environment here isn't for everyone. You have to make the call on whether it's the right place for you. But our values will remain the same.

QUOTE Thanks
Tanner31593

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
Time to start a new thread, last one is getting too long...

How long do you think it will take us for this one to get as big?
Well unlike last time, i'm here now. I'd say it'll be as big as the last one before we know it!

Just think......years from now people will look back on this and think "WOW!"
QUOTE Thanks
sanity1082

sanity1082 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner31593 View Post
YEAH!

Anyways, memorial parade is coming up on....well, memorial day. Don't know why I even bothered to say that.
marching band? i remember those days and i am glad they are long gone. i never enjoyed marching band

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner31593 View Post
This summer, I will practice!!!
i have said that many times over and never stuck to it. hopefully you have more will power than me
QUOTE Thanks
Avenged Origami

Avenged Origami is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: macbook 2.2 ghz , ipod classic 80 gig and ipod nano 4 gig

I have a macbook and am really enjoying it ...
thanks to this forum i finally got one. i would also like to recommend the refurb store.

"mighty boosh rules" the panda knows best...
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenged Origami View Post
thanks to this forum i finally got one. i would also like to recommend the refurb store.
Very good advice. You can save some money and still get the warranty.

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenged Origami View Post
Very cool, glad to hear you're happy with your purchase!

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Tanner31593

Amen to refurbs!
I've never bought one, but still.....
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Waiting on a verdict on my friend's case.

Hopefully he'll get off on probation.

If not he's going to be serving 12-28 years for distribution on a felony count.

No word yet. I'm nervous.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Tanner31593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek McNelly View Post
Waiting on a verdict on my friend's case.

Hopefully he'll get off on probation.

If not he's going to be serving 12-28 years for distribution on a felony count.

No word yet. I'm nervous.
He a good friend to you?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« International Calling Cards | Complementary iCloud storage expiring September 30th? »