New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

GeekSquad is a joke...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

code777

I know NONE of us would EVER bring our macs to Best Buy, Geek Squad for tech help or what not but while I was in the dreaded Best Buy last night I saw an older guy that had a 14" iBook and he was SCREAMING at a Geek Dumb Member. From what I overheard it seems like the guy needed more RAM and the Geek Squad kid must have broke something because the iBook was not working properly and the kid looked dumbfounded. I wanted to stick around but I could not. First off, the guy is an idiot for bringing his iBook to the "geek squad" and i don't think they should have even opened it! I don't know what happened.

The dumb part about this whole thing is there is an Apple Store in the mall. Y didn't this guy go there :closed:

i would never trust anyone in the geek squad with my gear, i'd rather do it myself! plus i thought they only know PC's and Windows stuff. What a joke.
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

I feel the members of this forum are of a haigher calaber computer user then the average joe. I'm with you on Geek Squad as I feel with most computer repair outlets. As with my car, no one tinkers with my toys but me!
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Easy enough to check Versiontracker for RAM info before upgrading
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

code777 you wouldn't happen to live on long island would you (best buy right by the mall with an apple store in it)

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
wiSezo

you know, I was going to apply for the Geek squad at best buy, hah.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

yea, that geek squad is a joke, they cant even fix pcs. though IMO, the best way to fix a pc is to a: replace it with a mac, b: make full use of windows by throwing it out of one, and
c:replace it with a mac. :mac:
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Just because some guy was yelling at him for doing something wrong, doesn't mean he actually did anything wrong, people are crazy. Regardless, I wouldn't take my computer to them.
QUOTE Thanks
code777

No not Long Island... well the guy was screaming, "Do you know what the F you are doing! Now look at it! I asked you to put in RAM and now look at it! Jesus F Christ! I want the manager now" and there was some more yelling and the kid looked like he was in a daze. The iBook's keyboard was up so I don't know what happened!? Maybe the RAM was fine but maybe he broke the keyboard!!?!?

lesson = don't take your precious to Geek Squad or Best Buy for tech help/installation. I don't even know if I'd take it to CompUSA as I heard they are no better!
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

Quote:
Originally Posted by code777
I don't even know if I'd take it to CompUSA as I heard they are no better!

Hell no. They can't even sell worth... well you know the word I was going to use. Last time I was in there was because I needed a PSU ASAP, I had no choice. Their products are constantly mis-labeled (always marked $20 cheaper then they ring (honest, last several purchases I can remember)), they don't know jack about the products they sell, and they don't even care if they sell. There are 2 employees in the car park smoking, one person at the cust service counter who is also ringing because there's only one lane open at any given instance, the tech guys are sitting on the back on the phone, and the floor staff are MIA- most likely the two blokes in the car park. Screw them. :mad:
QUOTE Thanks
code777

hmmm, not much different here - the sales guys know NOTHING about macs and its funny how they improv stuff, man its like why bother!!!
QUOTE Thanks
rebz

Quote:
Originally Posted by code777
I know NONE of us would EVER bring our macs to Best Buy, Geek Squad for tech help or what not but while I was in the dreaded Best Buy last night I saw an older guy that had a 14" iBook and he was SCREAMING at a Geek Dumb Member. From what I overheard it seems like the guy needed more RAM and the Geek Squad kid must have broke something because the iBook was not working properly and the kid looked dumbfounded. I wanted to stick around but I could not. First off, the guy is an idiot for bringing his iBook to the "geek squad" and i don't think they should have even opened it! I don't know what happened.

The dumb part about this whole thing is there is an Apple Store in the mall. Y didn't this guy go there :closed:

i would never trust anyone in the geek squad with my gear, i'd rather do it myself! plus i thought they only know PC's and Windows stuff. What a joke.
code777, you dont live in syracuse, do you?

(edit: hah, i didnt see that someone else asked where you live, but i'm curious, because i'm transferring to syracuse and the carosel mall has a bestbuy and an apple store in it)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Penguin game | 300 posts!!! »