New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

How's your New Years resolution coming along?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tanner31593

Tanner31593 has a spectacular aura about

Hello!

It's May 19th, 2008.
It's been 2008 for 5 months and 19 days.
Since we are a tight knit community of awesome, amazing, cool, funny, great, honest, sincere, trustworthy, crazy, and GENIUS people here, you should know you have a great support system on the forums!
With that being said, how's your resolutions coming if you made one?

I guess i'll start. These are in random order.

1) Improve my grammar in my posts here.
How is that coming?
Well.......LOOK A BIRD!
All jokes aside for now (dun dun dunnnn), i've tried. I should probably try harder.

2) Become a happier person.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

I really have gained a new perspective on my life over the past year.
I've come to terms with how lucky I am to be alive.
It's been great. Life is great. I live for a new day. When that day comes each morning, I dread it, but once i'm up and hoppin' it's a GREAT DAY!

Happiest time of my life. It's a good thing there is a limit to these because I could do them all day.

3) Be active!

That's been going good!
Over the past 11 months i've lost 40lbs, which is something i'd never thought I would be able to do.
How I did it?
Well, how 40lbs managed to melt away, i'll never know for sure.
I didn't change my diet, I still pig out on weekends, and I still LOVE microwave popcorn.
I think the thing is I ate less of it. I don't eat until i'm full, I eat until i'm not hungry.
Oh and i've been soda free for over a month now.

I started high school, and it's a LOT of walking!
Up the stairs, down the stairs, up, down, up, down, all around!
Drills, parades, it's been great.

4) Be myself no matter what.

Well, you all KNOW the answer to this one.
The longer i've been here, the weirder i've become.
It's wonderful.

How have your resolutions been going?

Hope this year has been STUNNING!

Tanner.
QUOTE Thanks
thedood

thedood has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.

I don't make resolutions - So I would say I'm right on track.

NABET - CWA <the union label.
QUOTE Thanks
Tanner31593

Yeah, my resolutions weren't exactly new years resolutions, just things that I wanted to do in my life, but hadn't started yet.

Actually, that seems like the definition of a new years resolution, nevermind!
QUOTE Thanks
CarlConti08

CarlConti08 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD

I decided I wanted to lose weight in February and in the past 3 months I've lost 45lbs.

QUOTE Thanks
Tanner31593

WOW! Way to go! Great job! That's amazing!
How did you go about it?
QUOTE Thanks
mojonandha

mojonandha will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive

Two weeks back i decided to shed some weight and have lost 6lbs so far. My target is to lose 3-5lbs a week until I lose 45lbs. I guess I am going the right way so far.

The reason I put on so much weight is that I dont travel as much I used to and I dont even have to walk around my office anymore. 8-10 hours in front of the computer and having no time for workout could make a lot of difference.

I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own. - Woody Allen
Join us in IRC http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/11677-mac-forums-irc-chat.html
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlConti08 View Post
I decided I wanted to lose weight in February and in the past 3 months I've lost 45lbs.
Congratulations! That is quite an achievement. It has not been easy, I am sure. Well done.

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
gary61071

gary61071 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video

I chose to be the best father and husband I could be. It's pretty tough, especially for the husband part. My wife is a redhead and comes from a mean, angry and hollering family, where my family is all hugs, super friendly and "have you eaten yet?" My wife does tend to fly off the handle about the smallest of things but she's getting better at controlling herself. I have a calm, quiet, soft-spoken demeanor about myself and it helps her keep her patience down. Of course sometimes I'd like to beat her and toss her out the door for her attitude... but I still love her. Every couple gets that way every now and then. That's part of marriage, I guess.

I try to spend as much time as I can with my 2 little girls. They grow up so fast. The toddler talks up a storm and hardly shuts up, while the infant is already walking great and she just turned 11 months old. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. My avatar is my oldest daughter on her 2nd birthday back in September. I still love to hold her in my arms. I can't help it.

"Of course I'm serious. And stop calling me Shirley."
QUOTE Thanks
The Vindicat3d

The Vindicat3d is a jewel in the roughThe Vindicat3d is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary61071 View Post
I chose to be the best father and husband I could be. It's pretty tough, especially for the husband part. My wife is a redhead and comes from a mean, angry and hollering family, where my family is all hugs, super friendly and "have you eaten yet?" My wife does tend to fly off the handle about the smallest of things but she's getting better at controlling herself. I have a calm, quiet, soft-spoken demeanor about myself and it helps her keep her patience down. Of course sometimes I'd like to beat her and toss her out the door for her attitude... but I still love her. Every couple gets that way every now and then. That's part of marriage, I guess.

I try to spend as much time as I can with my 2 little girls. They grow up so fast. The toddler talks up a storm and hardly shuts up, while the infant is already walking great and she just turned 11 months old. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. My avatar is my oldest daughter on her 2nd birthday back in September. I still love to hold her in my arms. I can't help it.
I fell you man, and awesome signiture... The plane's getting closer! And Leo's getting larrrgeeerrrrr. Heh heh heh, I've watched that movie probably over 50 times, never gets old does it?

Use the Rep System!!

Check out my Blog-->Malevolent Poetry-Updated as of 4/4/08 and will be weekly.
QUOTE Thanks
gary61071

gary61071 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vindicat3d View Post
I fell you man, and awesome signiture... The plane's getting closer! And Leo's getting larrrgeeerrrrr. Heh heh heh, I've watched that movie probably over 50 times, never gets old does it?
LOL Nope. Another favorite line:

"...was sent to the hospital." (I forget the actual line.)
"The hospital? What is it?"
"It's a large building with a bunch of sick people in it. But that's not important right now."

LMAO!!!

We should start a new thread about favorite quotes from this movie.

"Of course I'm serious. And stop calling me Shirley."
QUOTE Thanks
WakeCarver

WakeCarver is a jewel in the roughWakeCarver is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD

Quote:
My wife is a redhead and comes from a mean, angry and hollering family
Same here. I feel your pain brother!

"I call this the Greatest Zooks Album." -CEREAL KILLER
QUOTE Thanks
ogacon

ogacon has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs:  15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver

Quote:
LOL Nope. Another favorite line:

"...was sent to the hospital." (I forget the actual line.)
"The hospital? What is it?"
"It's a large building with a bunch of sick people in it. But that's not important right now."

LMAO!!!
"We need you in the cockpit"
"The cockpit, what's that?"
"It's the room in the front where they pilots fly the plane, but that's not important right now"

"What's our vector victor"
"Do we have clearance Clarence?"
"Roger Roger"
And I forgot how that whole scene went... but oh man, it is good.

Relay For Life Support me in Relay For Life! Run by American Cancer Society. Cancer research.
What sound does your Rooster make?
QUOTE Thanks
mac0s9user

mac0s9user is a jewel in the roughmac0s9user is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.

Mine was to get a girlfriend. Still need to do that. 7 months left!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Didn't make any resolutions, though I did tell myself that I would try and get back into shape. Have lost 20 pounds overall, gained a lot of muscle, dropped a shirt size and am currently on my last belt loop, which means I either need new pants or a smaller belt

This second one wasn't really something I set out to do, but I think stemmed from the above. I became A LOT more outgoing. See, I was already outgoing, but now it's like on overdrive. Also, even though this was my last semester at college, I made a ton of new friends.

So I dropped some weight, increased an already inflated sense of self-confidence, got into law school, and will be graduating college on Thursday. I'd say it's been a pretty good year thus far

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
ogacon

ogacon has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs:  15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver

/jealous

If only one thing could go right for me this month I'd be happy.

Relay For Life Support me in Relay For Life! Run by American Cancer Society. Cancer research.
What sound does your Rooster make?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help: 1st time buying stock | 23 Woody Allen Movies for only 120$!!!!! »