Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RingPop
    Whatever you do DON'T spy on her. You will be breaking her trust in you, and she will be far less likely to ever be honest with you in the future. If you want to know what's going on. ASK! It is as simple as that. Fourteen is a hard age for girls. Hell, her hormones alone can change her moods week to week. I'm a twenty-one year old well adjusted woman, thanks to my mother being open and honest with me. Give her a chance to come to you, and if she still doesn't then politely WITHOUT making accusations, ask her if she wants to talk about anything that is concerning her. Sneaking around, spying, and lying is no way to be a good father!

Yea... thats a better idea

cee
    somebody tell him how to check that email.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texasmeat
    not overprotective enough? Isnt he talking about bugging his daughter to find out what she's doing? That's not overprotective? I should have worded that better. More and more parents dont give a **** and the ones that do care are almost always overprotective with their kids.
    if i knew how, i'd tell you in a heartbeat.

that is what i am trying to do right now, find a way to put as much of a firewall around my daughter as i possibly can. NO, YOU CAN NO BE PROTECTIVE ENOUGH ON THE INTERNET. AND IF YOU DON'T PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN, YOU BETTER BELIEVE WHAT I AM TELLING EVERYONE OF YOU...

NOBODY, I DO MEAN NOBODY, WILL PROTECT THEM.

IF ANY OF YOU (AND I WOULDN'T CARE IF HE CALLED HIMSELF DARTH VADER) KNOW HOW TO HELP HIM CHECK THE EMAIL, TELL HIM.

deathdealler, try jim@corecomputing.com
    he is a certified mac tech for apple. you aren't invading her privacy. you just don't want anybody to hurt her. i'm passing this guy's name around since he helped me. he's honest, thorough, certified.

good luck.... and never forget, NOBODY has an opinion but you when it comes to protecting your child.

cee

Thread Information