New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

concerned father

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RingPop

Whatever you do DON'T spy on her. You will be breaking her trust in you, and she will be far less likely to ever be honest with you in the future. If you want to know what's going on. ASK! It is as simple as that. Fourteen is a hard age for girls. Hell, her hormones alone can change her moods week to week. I'm a twenty-one year old well adjusted woman, thanks to my mother being open and honest with me. Give her a chance to come to you, and if she still doesn't then politely WITHOUT making accusations, ask her if she wants to talk about anything that is concerning her. Sneaking around, spying, and lying is no way to be a good father!
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

Yea... thats a better idea
QUOTE Thanks
cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmeat
not overprotective enough? Isnt he talking about bugging his daughter to find out what she's doing? That's not overprotective? I should have worded that better. More and more parents dont give a **** and the ones that do care are almost always overprotective with their kids.
if i knew how, i'd tell you in a heartbeat.

that is what i am trying to do right now, find a way to put as much of a firewall around my daughter as i possibly can. NO, YOU CAN NO BE PROTECTIVE ENOUGH ON THE INTERNET. AND IF YOU DON'T PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN, YOU BETTER BELIEVE WHAT I AM TELLING EVERYONE OF YOU...

NOBODY, I DO MEAN NOBODY, WILL PROTECT THEM.

IF ANY OF YOU (AND I WOULDN'T CARE IF HE CALLED HIMSELF DARTH VADER) KNOW HOW TO HELP HIM CHECK THE EMAIL, TELL HIM.

deathdealler, try jim@corecomputing.com
he is a certified mac tech for apple. you aren't invading her privacy. you just don't want anybody to hurt her. i'm passing this guy's name around since he helped me. he's honest, thorough, certified.

good luck.... and never forget, NOBODY has an opinion but you when it comes to protecting your child.

cee
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« forgot password | How to add attachments »