Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry I HATE axe body spray!
    Okay,

I hate any and all "axe" products. Yes, I have my reasons, they are good ones.

1) The can sprays are bad for the environment!
    2) It doesn't really smell that good (real men don't smell like a locker room....they also don't think that because they bathe themselves in the cheapest thing in the entire fragrance section that all the women will want to rip their clothes off when they walk by like in the ads)
    3) The commercials are rude, obnoxious, and extremely sexist. I don't know why those young women would sell their dignity to be on there, the the commercials make the women look shady, it's disgusting. Seriously, watch one of the commercials, you'll get what i'm saying.
    OH, i just heard your aerosol can spray destroy a little part of the ozone layer, now you reek of musty shoes, i think i'll just strip down to a bikini right now!
    4) Some like to use it as a substitute for a shower.

Anyone else feel the way I do? Always wondered.

Tanner.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner31593 View Post
    Okay,

OH, i just heard your aerosol can spray destroy a little part of the ozone layer, now you reek of musty shoes, i think i'll just strip down to a bikini right now!
    I don't really care about them either way, but CFC chemicals that destroy the ozone layer have been banned from aerosols for some years now...

Specs:
    Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
    1. The can sprays are bad for the environment!
    I'm not an environmentalist whacko, but I do believe the nasty stuff in aerosol cans has been banned.
    3) The commercials are rude, obnoxious, and extremely sexist. I don't know why those young women would sell their dignity to be on there, the the commercials make the women look shady, it's disgusting. Seriously, watch one of the commercials, you'll get what i'm saying.
    I guess I'm a sexist pig. Recognizing them for what they are, I tend to laugh and enjoy the overly obnoxious ads on TV ... and there are plenty of them besides the Axe ads!

I don't use the stuff myself. This was just my $.02!

Specs:
    2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD
    Okay,

I hate any and all "axe" products. Yes, I have my reasons, they are good ones.

2) It doesn't really smell that good (real men don't smell like a locker room....they also don't think that because they bathe themselves in the cheapest thing in the entire fragrance section that all the women will want to rip their clothes off when they walk by like in the ads)
    4) Some like to use it as a substitute for a shower.

Anyone else feel the way I do? Always wondered.

Tanner.
    Wow...I bet you are the life of the party when you go out. Lighten up a little.

Specs:
    Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
    I personally bathe in AXE daily. (kidding) Its not bad but it seems to smell a little odd after a while. I just use deodorant when I am out and about(Old Spice). Unless I have a date mind you.

Specs:
    iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
    I think it smells like crap, I don't like most male fragrances they are sickening to me. I guess because I don't like smelling like a jock.

I do think the ads are pretty sexist too. In my opinion women have their rights and they shouldn't be treated as a sex object because they are way more than that. The commercials sell it off as they are objects and all they are good for is the cheap sleazy sex. 1 thing though, the girls in the commercials probably do it because they are getting paid and they think by being on tv they are going to become big name actresses and stars.

Specs:
    Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
    Yeah, axe sucks, girls hate it, I hate it, I'll use it if I need some Deodorant, but you should never replace cologne with axe, never!
    Use the Rep System!!

Check out my Blog-->Malevolent Poetry-Updated as of 4/4/08 and will be weekly.

Specs:
    MBP l iPhone l iPod
    when i was in high school all the dirty kids sprayed it and you could smell it coming from the locker room what seemed halfway across the school. it smells like complete crap. every girl i talk to says it smells the same and turns them off, the completely opposite what it is said to do.

Specs:
    iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
    Deo sprays? I personally have grown out of using all these chemicals. Used to have them back in college, but now it's just stinky smelly me

Specs:
    Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
    Another thought I had on this topic is in regards to the actresses 'selling their dignity'. Don't forget they are in an industry that is very cut-throat and work is sometimes hard to come by. They got paid what I'm sure is a fair amount for their participation in the commercials so cut them a little slack ... we all have to make a living.

Specs:
    macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
    Im not an axe person but I do love the old spice and stetson. Ive been using stetson since I took my dads when i was in like 9th grade and its the only cologne ive liked.

and, old spice cause if your grandpa didnt use it you wouldnt exist.

In regards to the environment, dont you drive a car?.. Im sure you do just as many bad things to the environment as some high schooler and his spray.

Secondly, about the objectifying women thing, Do you own a TV or listen to music? I think chris rock said it best when he was making fun of girls singing "slap a b**** in the face with a d***" These song lyrics and other stuff are absolutely insane for them to sing. Dont get me wrong I am not endorsing it nor do i like rap, I hate it, Just saying theres alot more than the commercials doing it so I wouldnt hold them responsible..

besides the order of the serpantine commercials made me lol.

Specs:
    C2D MacBook Pro
    Axe is huge in India.

Axe is owned by Unilever.

Unilever, ironically, also owns Dove (the everyone-is-pretty commercials).

Axe provides jobs for tens of thousands of people.

It smells horrible, but so does adolescence in general. And lets be honest, Axe generally doesn't leave high school.
    Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?

Quote Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post
    I don't really care about them either way, but CFC chemicals that destroy the ozone layer have been banned from aerosols for some years now...
    Looking back on the article I read in the library yesterday, it was a number of years old. Thanks for the correction!

Good points made here, there are some intelligent people around these forums!

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    I use Axe after working out at the gym just in case I need to go somewhere between the locker room and back home. I would much rather smell like Axe than two and a half hours worth of gym sweat.

No way do I spray it on for any other purpose, especially not as a replacement for cologne. However, if for whatever reason I need to leave the house without having the time to take a shower, I like to spray a bit on. Again, it's better than an entire night's worth of sweat.

June 2007
    July 2009

Specs:
    Macbook / 2Ghz/ 2Gb RAM / 80G HD / superdrive
    They want a paycheck. You're reading way too much into their commercials. They're meant to be funny.

Thread Information