New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Oh jeez...poor emo kids :(

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice
Mac Specs: C2D MacBook Pro

No, seriously.

http://www.time.com/time/arts/articl...te-cnn-partner

How sick...

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
QUOTE Thanks
MaDDoG

MaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D

Times have changed. It used to be gangs and gay bashing in the parks when I was a kid. I kept well away from those two scenes.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
MaDDoG's Photo Gallery - http://mcarfa.smugmug.com/
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

It's about time. Them darned emo kids and their "feelings".

Who do they think they are?

</sarcasm>

Kids are cruel. I got beat up for being a punk back in high school. Nothing new here.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

Leukeh is a jewel in the roughLeukeh is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM

Man I hate people... I'm not really a fan of the emo culture but this is just wrong.

Lets start basher-bashing...

Behance Design/Photography Porfolio
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

"Live and let live"

It just goes to show you that "a person is smart, but people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals", and the internet is a perfect breeding ground for mob mentality. (quote from Men in Black, of all places)

I used to take comfort in the idea that these insane attitudes and behaviors displayed by people on the internet was confined to the internet because people take comfort in the anonymity. Unfortunately, it looks like it's spilling over into reality. God help us if groups band together in real life over 10% in the crap I've heard people go on about in forums, chatrooms, and video sites.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
CL33Zero

CL33Zero is a jewel in the roughCL33Zero is a jewel in the rough

No comment. Thats just pathetic really
QUOTE Thanks
WakeCarver

WakeCarver is a jewel in the roughWakeCarver is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD

I don't really care for emo's personally but that is wrong. Sometimes it surprises me just how much hate there is in the world. Especially over something as minor as this.

"I call this the Greatest Zooks Album." -CEREAL KILLER
QUOTE Thanks
scoff

scoff is on a distinguished road

The Internet is a very effective organizational tool for all varieties of idiotic jerks. It provides a convenient venue for intellectual fallacies propped up by mob agreement.

The level of organization here is surprising; it's a shame it couldn't be achieved for something worthwhile.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

on a technical music note, it bothers me still that "emo" is being used for this when it's kind of a misnomer.

on a social note, as Derek pointed out, it sucks, but it's been going on forever.
maybe they'll make it into a musical ala quadrophenia.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek McNelly View Post
It's about time. Them darned emo kids and their "feelings".

Who do they think they are?

</sarcasm>

Kids are cruel. I got beat up for being a punk back in high school. Nothing new here.
You must not be very old. If you messed with any of the punk crowd back in my day you were likely to get a boot with spikes on the toes in the rear.

Ed: And a poorly written article. I'd expect something more than "the emos" this and "the emos" that from time.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
You must not be very old. If you messed with any of the punk crowd back in my day you were likely to get a boot with spikes on the toes in the rear.
Nope, just graduated HS last year.

I was the only one in my school who understood that Good Charlotte was Pop music, so the punk scene was severely limited. There were maybe two of us who knew anything about 80's hardcore, and we pretty much got the snot kicked out of us on a weekly basis, depending on how bad the football team did the friday prior.

However, that cleared up once I got to junior year, and the old jocks got cleared out and replaced with people I knew and was friends with.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Isn't it sad that we have so many who live with such hatred? I used to wonder how a period like the Dark Ages could have come about and isn't it great that we could never revert back to that type of age. But then I look around me at some people's behavior and realize how very chose to the edge we really are. One little push over the line..............
QUOTE Thanks
iRye

iRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac

The world sucks. Enough said.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Sick

But here in England we have recently had a young goth girl kicked to death for protecting her boyfriend. What makes it worse is the testimony of the Judge and Police officer who stated that the murderers parents were making light of the whole matter in court (basically making a joke of it). The boyfriend (who survived) has stated that he wished she hadn't intervened and that he had died instead

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/7316601.stm
QUOTE Thanks
The Vindicat3d

The Vindicat3d is a jewel in the roughThe Vindicat3d is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post
Sick

But here in England we have recently had a young goth girl kicked to death for protecting her boyfriend. What makes it worse is the testimony of the Judge and Police officer who stated that the murderers parents were making light of the whole matter in court (basically making a joke of it). The boyfriend (who survived) has stated that he wished she hadn't intervened and that he had died instead

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/7316601.stm
It's so angering hearing that sort of stuff, the problem is too that the child did what he did most likely because of how his parents raised him (judging by how the mother took it the kid probably is getting such a horrible message from her).

Use the Rep System!!

Check out my Blog-->Malevolent Poetry-Updated as of 4/4/08 and will be weekly.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Who has a Mac aquarium? | I need help finding a classic arcade mac apple game of the 80's!! »