New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

i need girl advice

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

skatermac

skatermac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ipod video

okay, so i have this problem. there is a girl in another state that i met on a cruise. i felt like i was in love. this girl could really be that one girl for me....the problem is that i might not ever see her again. then there is this other girl that lives in my state that i like and she likes me. i dont know what to do.

if you have any advice please help me.
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

Become a Delta pilot and marry both, sharing your time in each city with them? Just make sure you don't let on about your double life...that could get messy.

Ed: Women generally think I'm a donkey...by the way...

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I guess we really need to know how old you are, if your 14-15, that girl on the cruise was not the one, probably just a heavy physical attraction (thats just the ways cruises are). Puberty it evil that way.

However if your older 22-27, then go for it, call her up and see if you can meet, hop on a plane and hang out for a weekend, if you still feel how you did on the cruise then maybe you did have the connection that you thought you did and you guys can try to work something out, otherwise go on some dates with the girl that likes you. Nothing bad can come from it.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

As men, we all need women advice.
It sounds like you're quite young, high school maybe, so I wouldn't worry about finding the "right one". If she was, she wouldn't be so far away, would she?
Give things a try with the one that likes you and see where things go.

And don't listen to Village Idiot; he's a total player.

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

before you are 25 it is almost always entirely fruitless and pointless to try to find "the right one".

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

dont try to find the 'right one' now. find the 'right now' one.
QUOTE Thanks
Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook / 2Ghz/ 2Gb RAM / 80G HD / superdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by giulio View Post
dont try to find the 'right one' now. find the 'right now' one.
QUOTE Thanks
cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice
Mac Specs: C2D MacBook Pro

Seriously...if you are young, both you and the other person will change unbelievably. Being in a relationship makes the change (which is inevitable) both harder and more stressful.

My advice would be to go with the girl closest to you. Get some experience. Keep it fairly casual. The experience will serve you will when you DO find 'the one'. And in the meantime, you can have some fun

Or, just date whichever one is better looking. Give your ego a boost.

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
QUOTE Thanks
sanity1082

sanity1082 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesybanana View Post

Or, just date whichever one is better looking. Give your ego a boost.
HA! good advice.

You can make a long distance relationship work but it takes a lot of work. Decide if you have what it takes to do a long distance relationship (only you will know that). if the answer is no...well i am sure you can figure out where i am going with this one.

Have you ever dated the close one? if not give it a whirl nothing says you cant take 2 girls out to see if you are compatible with one. but i would advise that you dont try to have a committed relationship with both at the same time.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
before you are 25 it is almost always entirely fruitless and pointless to try to find "the right one".
I'm pretty sure I've found the "right one" even though i'm not 25 yet.. does this not count?

My uncle started dating my aunt when they were 19, so its not that you can't under 25, its just that its not likely.

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

"almost always"

one of my younger sisters married a guy she dated in high school. and in your case, it may work, it may not. but way more often than not i've seen people find "the one" that turns out to be just one of many.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

its so true, I've gone through a good amount of girls since high school, i'll admit even though i'm feel like she is, won't know for sure until after school.

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

Long distance relationships are not a good idea, especially if that's how it starts. I've been in two (college years) and both failed and it wasn't from a lack of trying on my end. It's much easier for a girl to get a date. Eventually she'll realize it's better to be with someone in the flesh than one a million miles away.

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryphotoguy View Post
Long distance relationships are not a good idea, especially if that's how it starts. I've been in two (college years) and both failed and it wasn't from a lack of trying on my end. It's much easier for a girl to get a date. Eventually she'll realize it's better to be with someone in the flesh than one a million miles away.
QFT.

If they're more than ~25 miles away, it's probably not going to work for ya.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice
Mac Specs: C2D MacBook Pro

If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son...

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Really fun online game!! | Trip Report: Thai Airways FIRST Class (Bangkok-London) »