Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
    I am Legend alternate end!!
    Hey guys, i just got the collectors edition of "I am Legend". I loved this movie the first time i saw it, and now that i have watched the not shown in theaters version on the DVD, i love it even more with its alternate ending and small details through out. I was just wondering what those of you who also bought it think of the alternate end? Don't say what it is in the thread though so we dont ruin the ending of the movie for those people that have yet to see it ...Oh and if you have not seen it yet i strongly recommend buying it and watching the original film before you watch the special version!!

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    I think it's a lot closer to the ending of the book that the movie is based on, which is why I prefer it to the theatrical version.

Also, the alternate ending has been available on the Internet for a while now.

June 2007
    July 2009

Specs:
    Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
    I like it better... sorta, it just depends what kind of feel you're going for, the alternate left room open for something like a sequel, it only felt 99% over, while the other one seemed more solid, but in return less deep and compassionate.

And was there any significant differences in the alternate version of the movie? I just skipped to the end
    Use the Rep System!!

Check out my Blog-->Malevolent Poetry-Updated as of 4/4/08 and will be weekly.

Specs:
    2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
    nah theres was nothing like completely movie changing in the alternate...Just small details here and there like really short added in scenes.... the kind of things you reallly gotta be watching for to notice

Specs:
    iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano
    I didn't care for the entire movie. Too much reliance on CG. The city, the animals, cars, zombies. The soundtrack of the engine did not match the driving at all, because the mustang dirving around the city of course was CG as well - very good cg image quality and rendering... but the motion/physics and sounds were off.

I'm curious about the alternate ending though.
    schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
    Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.

Specs:
    Mac Mini
    Quote Originally Posted by giulio View Post
    I didn't care for the entire movie. Too much reliance on CG. The city, the animals, cars, zombies. The soundtrack of the engine did not match the driving at all, because the mustang dirving around the city of course was CG as well - very good cg image quality and rendering... but the motion/physics and sounds were off.

I'm curious about the alternate ending though.
    Wasn't most of the city in CG as well?

I think the alternative ending made more sense than the one shown in theaters. Him dying at the end just left you feeling for more to the story.
    Currently learning Xcode
    I am going to be a 1337 Programmer

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by iProgrammer View Post
    Wasn't most of the city in CG as well?

I think the alternative ending made more sense than the one shown in theaters. Him dying at the end just left you feeling for more to the story.
    No and neither was the car actually, I watched the making of the movie and the car was real, a stunt river in a side car was driving, and all of the city you saw was real, they shut down fifth avenue for some of the scenes, only stuff that was CG was the "Dark Seekers", the animals and any special effects.
    Use the Rep System!!

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicat3d View Post
    No and neither was the car actually, I watched the making of the movie and the car was real, a stunt river in a side car was driving, and all of the city you saw was real, they shut down fifth avenue for some of the scenes, only stuff that was CG was the "Dark Seekers", the animals and any special effects.
    How could there be a stunt driver in a sidecar in the exterior driving action scenes? You know, when the car is zooming around corners, chasing the herd. That could not have been real. That car was taking corners like it was on rails. It looked toy-ish to me. And the motor sounds were off time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgxgofbO0NA
    schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
    Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.

Specs:
    Good point, all I know if that I watched the making of the movie, and for some of the scenes or at least when they showed Will Smith inside driving the car they had a stunt driver in a side car, and when he wasn't they had a stunt driver in the car. Idk about all of the scenes in that youtube clip, but anything where they show Willy inside the car, the car is actually being driven, and I know a lot of those clips of it going down the street and chasing the deer are all real (I know I sound sorta crazy but in the making of the movie this is what the directors were saying and this is what the stunt driver was saying and this is what the video I was seeing was telling me).
    Use the Rep System!!

Specs:
    I can be totally wrong about it, just going by what I see.
    The lion attack scene was certainly CG. So I figured the herd chase scene was as well.

Specs:
    Yeah the actual deer were CG, but the driving was real, surroundings were added using CG as well after everything was calculated by sensors on the car... they're using some pretty advanced stuff these days!
    Use the Rep System!!

Specs:
    Macbook / 2Ghz/ 2Gb RAM / 80G HD / superdrive
    Great movie. Unfortunately I went for the T-3 & I Am Legend two pack ($19.99 at Wal-mart). I haven't opened it yet (the same with the last couple of movies i've bought there). If I stopped spending time on the internet, I might watch them.

Hi,
    Iam Legend is nice.
    The first and second act were awesome, but the ending screwed up the entire movie. I am looking forward to an alternate ending.

Quote Originally Posted by hagan View Post
    Hi,
    Iam Legend is nice.
    The first and second act were awesome, but the ending screwed up the entire movie. I am looking forward to an alternate ending.
    yep hagan, I agreed its awesome one.

Specs:
    MacBook
    After witnessing this cinematic massacre of a literary classic... I would bet that Richard Matheson would be rolling over in his grave... and he's not even dead yet.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Information