Specs:
    iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
    Switch to Safari: A look at Safari for Windows (Personal blog post)
    A small little review I did on Safari for Windows. Cause I have a lot of Windows readers. Not sure if this goes in "Anything goes", MHC? Or maybe this thread just be deleted for personal blog advertising

Switch to Safari: A look at Safari for Windows
    Many who have known this blog from back in the days, must know that I was a firefox boy. Well, at least until it played with me. However, even back then I had no other alternative but to use Firefox on Windows.

Then came along Safari. In it's BETA versions of Windows, it was a little crashy and buggy so I never mentioned it. I did however use it all along. However, now, with the Safari 3.1 update, it's finally out of BETA. The browser is stable, super fast, extremely standards compliant, and I can finally say, you gotta switch to Safari.

If however you are a heavy extensions user (Power users they call themselves), and can't live without them, then Safari is not for you. If you prefer to customise your browser instead of surfing the web, then Safari is not for you. If you want a out-of-the-box ready to use browser, with some really awesome features, speedy, stable, then give Safari a shot. Here's a small list of reasons to 'go Safari'.
    Lemme know if I should add something or remove something. Any inputs are appreciated.

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    Dude, that's a really nice blog.

June 2007
    July 2009

Specs:
    12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
    This is about the only time I've seen someone defending Safari on Windows. Good effort. I agree about the plugins, though: if you get attached to one, they're hard to replace.

I personally miss Adblock (and Safariblock) on Safari for Windows. (Well, I would, except I don't use Windows for any serious surfing!)

I like the font rendering example you showed:
    That's a pretty striking difference. Can I ask what page you used for those screenshots? I'd like to see it for myself.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Dude, that's a really nice blog.
    Thanks!

@Technologist: the page is still 'in the works' so there might be some kis-mis in it (the text overflowing on the right side and such) but the font rendering is directly grabbed from the lower left part of this page.

Specs:
    My Apple Menu published the article on their daily list of Apple things My stat counter registered a huge bump in visitors!

Thread Information