MrPencil
    Office productivity software
    I am in need of office type software for my B&W G3. I have heard that there are problems with AppleWorks file compatibility moving from apple format to windows. Is this true? Also Office for Mac, is there a place I can get it cheap? I really don't feel like spending a few hundred bucks on it, and I have no problem buying it used. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPencil
    I am in need of office type software for my B&W G3. I have heard that there are problems with AppleWorks file compatibility moving from apple format to windows. Is this true? Also Office for Mac, is there a place I can get it cheap? I really don't feel like spending a few hundred bucks on it, and I have no problem buying it used. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    You're right that AppleWorks isn't directly compatible with Microsoft Office files (though you shouldn't have any trouble opening the files with AppleWorks or saving AppleWorks files in Office formats, there may be some formatting issues, font problems, or a few glitches). For true compatibility, you'll want Office, and you can check eBay for some deals on that.
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

MrPencil
    Thanks. I will do that.

Thread Information