New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Same copy of Windows over different vm trials?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Hope for Chaos

Hope for Chaos is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15.4 Glossy 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM 200GB HDD @ 7200rpm

Well I'm getting closer and closer to making the switch and my choice of vm has changed a little since newer options and updates have come along. I was leaning more towards vmware fusion but now think I would rather do the trial versions first but I'm not sure how that will work with windows and the serial key. I'm not too knowledgeable about moving copies of windows to and from "machines." Thanks for any help.
QUOTE Thanks
btdickey

btdickey is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd

If you are trying to use Fusion to setup a Windows VM with the windows serial key it will work fine. Your key is valid for as many times as you need to use it, just as long as you don't go giving it away or selling the key, your fine for personal usage.

Maybe I'm missing what your asking?
QUOTE Thanks
Hope for Chaos

Hope for Chaos is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15.4 Glossy 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM 200GB HDD @ 7200rpm

No your response helps. I'm not too familiar with installing an os where there isn't one if that makes sense. I just know I've installed office '07 on more time than the license allowed and although it wasn't a big deal to get it off one of the pcs and on the other I don't want to have to do it a lot, but it seems like it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for your help.
QUOTE Thanks
btdickey

btdickey is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd

ok great

iMac...therefore iAm
QUOTE Thanks
jbreyfogle

jbreyfogle is on a distinguished road

have you considered boot camp. Its faster more reliable and personally I would rather partition then share between operating systems.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows XP, VMWare Fusion - No Windows Disc - PLEASE HELP!! | MacBook slow with Parallels---Buy 2GB Ram? »