New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

format HDD using KNOPPIX

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gazza77

gazza77 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2ghz,1 GB, 250 gig

I recently changed out my HDD for a 250 gig on my macbook.I want to format the old 80 gig in FAT32 and NTFS ,so I would be able to read/write on Mac and PC. Ive been told that two partitions would be the best solution for this. maybe 20 gig FAT32 and rest NTFS. I can not do this on my mac though,because then PC's dont recognize the drive. I tried partition magic on a PC,but no luck. Someone told me I could try Knoppix to format the drive to 00100101010010101111100and so on.and then partition magic again...
my question is .How do I use Knoppix.whats the exact procedure.I downloaded Knoppix allready,but have heaps of folders in the download. any hints..?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Formatted my hard drive NTSF now I cant get OSX back on | teh sealed apple //c »