New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows and iMac Integration in the Real World

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ingram.quick

ingram.quick is on a distinguished road

I am a Windows Network Administrator who has purchased an iMac to see and learn how to integrate the two platforms. I have, after reading through several posts on the Mac-Windows site successfully inserted my iMac into my Windows 2003 SBS Domain and can login and out on my iMac using my Windows Domain account – though it can take several minuets to do so (I now login using my iMac account – loads much faster) which was to be fixed in 10.5.2 – though I don’t have a reference or know as if what I am experiencing is “normal” if it is then Apple has a long way to go on its’ cross platform interoperability.

Now that my Windows SBS and iMac are talking I am now interested in finding some information on the following topics -

- Executing user login scripts to map drives located on my Windows Server
- Best Practices on integrating iMac’s into a Windows Environment
- Why Apple has little to no knowledge base articles on integrating the iMac into a Windows environment.

Obviously I am most interested in getting any information mapping my Windows shares on my iMac; however, I am curious as to why I am having such a tough time finding any information concerning Windows/Mac integration. I even called Apple as was told that the iMac consumer was not one to integrate the two platforms which I though smack in the face of Apple’s marketing campaign???

Any help/comments/rebuffs would be greatly appreciated.

A frustrated iMac/Windows user.
QUOTE Thanks
shaun2312

shaun2312 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to jump the thread but how did you get the Mac to join the domain? I can't seem to be able to login to my windows domain using the MAC.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« "No audio device" problem with boot camp, no solutions yet | Parallels, XP & ThumbsPlus Performance »