New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Gaming on bootcamp question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

soundsystem00

soundsystem00 is an unknown at this point

I just got splinter cell and it plays on bootcamp on xp on a macbook great, but the character moves in slo mo.. why is this? If i reinstalled or got more memory (ram) would it help.

I heard a rumor that if you upgrade ram on a mac, it upgrades the video memory (graphic memory)

help me
QUOTE Thanks
Amen-Moses

Location: The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
Amen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsystem00 View Post
I just got splinter cell and it plays on bootcamp on xp on a macbook great, but the character moves in slo mo.. why is this? If i reinstalled or got more memory (ram) would it help.

I heard a rumor that if you upgrade ram on a mac, it upgrades the video memory (graphic memory)

help me
The Macbook has the sytem RAM shared with the Gfx chipset so putting more RAM in will help a little but in this case I would say it is more likely that the Gfx chipset is just not up to the job.

Have you tried playing with the graphics settings, i.e make sure anti-aliasing is switched off etc.

Amen-Moses
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

The graphics card in the MacBook isn't great. Adding more memory will not help the situation and have no effect on the graphic chip.

If you want to play modern games, you're going to need the MacBook Pro.

The game you have might run better if you turn all the settings down.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac_Biodiesel

Mac_Biodiesel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.4GHz Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, 200GB 7200 RPM, OS 10.5

Try playing with a setting for VSync, too, if the game has it. I had problems with another game until I toggled that.
QUOTE Thanks
setta

setta is on a distinguished road

I use parallels for gaming, it has an enough list of games for me I don't use Bootcamp, but I have it installed. )
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Parallels Desktop help | having problems with Parallels »