New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

OS 10.0 - VMWARE Fusion - Windows XP virtual image?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

clikko

clikko is on a distinguished road

Ok I don't know if this is the right forum, but hopefully it is.

I bought VMWARE Fusion so I could use poker programs that are mostly only for Windows. I have downloaded two softwares, SNG wizard and SNGEGT. Anyway, as I try to run them the computer shuts these softwares down (typical Windows stuff). I asked the website and they couldn't find anything wrong with the software, it had to be VMWARE Fusion. So I looked for a little help and someone asked me if I had created a Windows XP virtual image. He told me that I needed to have a virtual Windows XP OS or Windows Vista OS in order to make it work.

I'm not very good with computers and I can't seem to get this thing to work. Which sucks since I might just buy me a normal PC. So I ask, how do I create a Windows Virtual XP?
QUOTE Thanks
btdickey

btdickey is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd

When you start VMWare and create a new image and installed Windows, besides maybe some drivers from your Mac OS install CD, that's all you need to create a VM Image...

I guess I'm not really sure what you're trying to ask...

VMWare works by installing XP on an image that VMWare can read, and acts just like an OS should...
QUOTE Thanks
SammySlim

SammySlim is a jewel in the roughSammySlim is a jewel in the rough

I installed windows and Fusion for the same reason - PokerEdge works fine for me in Fusion. Have not tried the SNG software - can't imagine what the issue is. But the other poster is correct, AFAIK - you created a virtual Windows XP image when you created the virtual machine. You may have stumped the band here. let me try SNG Wizard and get back to the forum.

Cheers

P.S.: Installed SNG Wiz and SNGEGT (lite) - both seem to work fine on my system. Hand histories came in fine. Wiz works fine (harder to tell with the EGT lite version as the real time feature is not yet enabled for me). Not sure why you're having issues. Will stay tuned.
QUOTE Thanks
SammySlim

I can confirm that the standard license version of SNGEGT works on my Macbook with XP Pro and Fusion. For the OP, I have no good suggestions ...

Good luck
QUOTE Thanks
Rambaud

Rambaud is on a distinguished road

I too run a Poker program without any problems under VM Fusion.

I suspect the OP has not installed Windows XP or Vista first?
QUOTE Thanks
SammySlim

Haha, of course - that makes sense. For the OP - go out and buy a copy of Windows XP and install it. Fusion requires Windows to run Windows software...

cheers
QUOTE Thanks
clikko

clikko is on a distinguished road

Thank you guys for your feedback, didn't check back to this post until now.

My brother gave me a copy of Windows XP, so it is installed. Other softwares work just fine, but not SNGEGT and SNGWIZ.

Anyways, thanks again for the feedback.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can a G5 PowerMac run windows? | Mac hard drive on Bootcamp »