New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

can't click using trackpad in Boot Camp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

anon2525

anon2525 is on a distinguished road

I am running Windows XP using Bootcamp on an Intel Macbook. I can't get the trackpad to recognize finger taps, and I also can't get the right-click to work (ctrl+click). I have no problems using finger taps in Leopard, including two-finger tap for right-click. Right-click using ctrl+click also works fine in Leopard.

I also run XP using Parallels on occasion and have no problems with finger taps or right clicking when I do this.

I plugged in a USB mouse when running XP Boot Camp and was able to right click to my heart's content.

I spoke with Apple Support and they said the problem must be with Windows. I already tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the Boot Camp drivers that came with Leopard, but this did not help.

Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
btdickey

btdickey is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd

I think unless you actually have the trackpad software installed on XP, it won't recognize what to do with it. In parallels it just mocks what you have setup in Leopard, because it is a virtulization and not actually booting windows.
QUOTE Thanks
anon2525

anon2525 is on a distinguished road

I assume you are referring to the software/drivers that came with Boot Camp. I already installed these drivers, and to no avail, which was why I posted in the first place. For whatever reason, the driver is not functioning as it should. I deleted and reinstalled the driver, but I keep getting the same problem.

Any suggested solutions would be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
yucci

yucci is on a distinguished road

aaaaaaaah! .. I'm having the same problem! I used to have it with Vista first, then I uninstalled it and installed windows XP, and still tabbing won't initiate neither left or right click. the scrolling is working fine though. Guys, any help would really be appreciated... ;/ and thanks a lot in advance.

yucci

PS: http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=6569807
QUOTE Thanks
bk4348

bk4348 is on a distinguished road

I have exactly the same problem, I thought to be the only one unlucky....
QUOTE Thanks
cheakychinchila

cheakychinchila is on a distinguished road

It's a simple solution, though not really intuitive based on what you do in OSX and Parallels/VMWare. You have to put two fingers on the trackpad, and then click the mouse button.
QUOTE Thanks
pingpongitore

pingpongitore is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook C2D 2.0GHz 2GB RAM 250GB HDD

This doesn't address the issue of being unable to simply tap the trackpad to select something (left-click) I never realized how much I didn't use the click button on my laptop until I installed boot camp. I really think it is unacceptable how apple will not address this at all.

-ping

macbook pro [unibody] 2.53 GHz 4gb ram 640gb hdd

QUOTE Thanks
ebeccarayray

ebeccarayray is on a distinguished road

I'm having the same problem. I tap the trackpad more often then I use the button to click. But the tap-click won't work when I run Windows. Has anyone come up with a solution?
QUOTE Thanks
Embai

Embai is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem(( Any ideas? Anybody find the solution?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Has anyone tried this update?

Boot Camp: Difficulty using right click with Multi-Touch trackpad in Windows
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External DVD burner problems with Fusion | MBP won't restart in Windows/Bootcamp »