New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Mic drivers for xp>bootcamp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

theMayor

theMayor is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2ghz MBP, iPhone 3GS, iPods and other nifty gadgets

I can't find XP drivers for the internal mic on my MBP, can anyone help?? I'm running leopard/XP SP2 on a core duo MPB 2.0. Most all my drivers are in order, sound works great, audio out works, buttons work, keyboard, CCC, directx9.0c, etc… but I can't seem to get the mic line in, or more importantly the internal mic to work, so no voip!

Under sigmatel in the control panel, I am able to see that a mic is connected through the line in, although no sound is picked up. I've read conflicting statements that the mic must be amplified, but still the internal mic should be amped already, not to mention the boost signal option. What am I missing?

I've already reinstalled bootcamp drivers, searched my comp for any outdated or related mic/line in drivers with no avail. Searching through the apple support and Sigmatel support sites have not been helpful (yet). Thanks in advance, this should be the last thing I need to sort on my Windoze partition.
QUOTE Thanks
theMayor

no one uses their mics through XP? seriously?
QUOTE Thanks
NPuter

NPuter is a jewel in the roughNPuter is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP

I do.
It works fine for me.
The driver was installed with all the other drivers when I installed them with my leopard disk.
However, I have the newer MBP, and that may be why.

"The forums are not only a place to have questions answered, they are a place to be part of a community..."
QUOTE Thanks
btdickey

btdickey is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd

Check windows sound settings and make sure the mic isn't muted on accident or something...
QUOTE Thanks
theMayor

yeah no issues there. I've tried to cover my bases, but no luck yet.
QUOTE Thanks
btdickey

btdickey is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd

Sorry I can't be more help, I never dealt with the issue of it not working before, hopefully somebody can come up with a solution...
QUOTE Thanks
theMayor

Oh well thanks. I don't know what the issue is but I'll have to wait it out. If anyone has any more insight I'd like to hear it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Compatibility of Windows applications in Bootcamp | How to Use the Built-in Microphone under Bootcamp? »