New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Xp drivers for Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

osxxp

osxxp is on a distinguished road

I have Tiger and as you know the boot camp beta is long gone and I didnt want to upgrade just to get boot camp. So I backed up all data, booted from the OS X cd and ran disk utility, reforated the drive into 2 partitions, one,
40GB and Mac OS journaled, one 20GB and Ms-Dos formated, I installed OS X on the 40 and I have a fresh OEM copy of XP pro and installed in on the MS-Dos partition in FAT32 format. I use rEFIt for my boot options and it works great, the only issue is the aiport wireless card driver didnt crossover, and and I also the PCI ethernet card driver didnt cross over and I think also the video driver because I can only set resolution to 600 x 800 or 1024 x 768. Does anybody know what wifi cards apple uses, i tried a couple of dell drivers and it didnt work. I know boot camp copys mac drivers and I would have this issue, I just wanted to see if I could get it work. I am a PC tech and something I just need to be looking at an XP screen when setting up problems to work on. Thanks for the help!!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

You know, you could have just changed the date back to when Boot Camp was still working and then just used Boot Camp like usual.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
osxxp

yes I know that....
I print invoices, timclock and other business data on this machine and cant mess with the time and date
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I mean you could just change the date back to install Windows, and then switch it back when you're done. The expiration date only affects the Boot Camp Assistant, not the ability to boot into Windows.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
osxxp

booting windows is not the problem It boots fine thanks to rEFIt and runs stable....just looking for the wifi card driver.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple IIe Games running on an iMac? | XP on a G4 with Leopard »