New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Boot Camp: Cannot boot to Windows.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

aaronmacdonald

aaronmacdonald is on a distinguished road

I've installed Windows XP via Boot Camp on a small partition on my Macbook. The installation went A-OK.

However, when I turn on my Macbook and hold the option key, only the Macintosh HD shows up. The thing is, I can boot into Windows perfectly fine if I insert my Windows install disc and choose it a start-up instead of Macintosh HD. If I ignore the message prompting me to press any key to boot to the installer, it will boot to my Windows install. This is the only way I can do it. The partition I've installed Windows XP on shows up on my OS X desktop, as will as in Startup Disk in System Preferences.

So, how can I get the Windows XP option to show at start-up?

Any help is appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
aaronmacdonald

aaronmacdonald is on a distinguished road

Not sure if it's relevant, but it's formatted as FAT32.
QUOTE Thanks
Erexxx

Erexxx is on a distinguished road

Do you have a boot camp icon in Windows control panel? Can you access boot camp configuration when your using OSX? I think it may be a configuration problem that must be solved through OSX. Select your boot preference through OSX and reboot and see if the disks show up in bootcamp menu. If they don't show up you may have to re instal boot camp.
QUOTE Thanks
smartyMAC

smartyMAC will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,

Ok. A basic question. Are you using 10.4 or 10.5?

Secondly are you sure the installation of xp was complete last time?

+ Tri-BOOT MB +
MAC OS 10.5
Mandriva 2009
Windows 7 RC
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Installing an upgrade version of XP | will windows viruses effect the mac? »