New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

SERIOUS problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

raptorsfan

raptorsfan is on a distinguished road

Hey guys I'm new to the Mac World and loving it. But one thing is that my Parallels isn't running properly. The thing is is I'm taking a Programming Class and was hoping to program on the Mac so I'd like to resolve this problem ASAP. Whenever I run Parallels it doesn't even allow me to log into Windows and a black screen pops up and says,
"Boot from Harddrive...
A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart."
Now I've already attempted to uninstall and reinstall Parallels but that just didnt work and it gave me the same error. I've also tried to press crtl+alt+delete and that didn't do anything. Also this problem occurred while attempting to install the "C Sharp Software" onto my notebook. So does anyone have any suggestions onto how this problem could be resolved? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

I hate to sound obvious, but you did install Windows in Parallels, didn't you...?

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Reel1 is a jewel in the roughReel1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac

I was going to ask the same question.
QUOTE Thanks
raptorsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel1 View Post
I was going to ask the same question.
Yeah, I had it working for like a good 10 days without any problems but while trying to install C Sharp it crashed and wont let me back in. Now should i attempt to reinstall Windows?
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

What kind of programming are you trying to do? There is more than likely a version for OS X.

QUOTE Thanks
raptorsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
What kind of programming are you trying to do? There is more than likely a version for OS X.
Umm... C Sharp for Windows and I'm not sure if there's a OS X equivalent but I would like ot repair my Windows anyways.
QUOTE Thanks
PerryLynch

PerryLynch has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro 4GB

If it were Fusion, it reads to me like you need to go into your settings for XP and tell it to boot from disk instead of boot from the CD or .iso that you were installing from. Do you have similar options for Parallels?

Perry M Lynch, CISSP CISA
Mac Newbie, Security not-so-newbie
QUOTE Thanks
raptorsfan

This may be a stupid question but how do i re-boot my parallels or clear the virtual memory or heck even reinstall windows? Also does anyone know how to actgually make the crt alt delete work... like do i have to fix a preference?
QUOTE Thanks
jneusch

jneusch is on a distinguished road

Maybe try to create a new virtual machine. When in Parallels click on File - New. Then you can install a clean version of Windows. Maybe someone else knows where the VM resides on the HDD. I'm not sure.

Joe
iMac 2.16Ghz; 20"; 3GB RAM; 250GB HDD; 10.5.2
Macbook (black) 2.4Ghz; 4GB RAM
QUOTE Thanks
raptorsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
Maybe try to create a new virtual machine. When in Parallels click on File - New. Then you can install a clean version of Windows. Maybe someone else knows where the VM resides on the HDD. I'm not sure.
Hey THANK YOU... lol that's what I did and it worked... THANK YOU so much.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do I format a Mac hard drive? | boots on its own but not with parallels? »