New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

PowerBook - Transfering PowerBook 520c floppies to a <gulp> Windows PC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GenkiDesuKa

GenkiDesuKa is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I have many, many floppy discs from my college days when I owned a PowerBook 520c. Currenty, however, I have a Sony Vaio running windows ...

I was wondering if anyone here had any advice as to what kind of floppy disc drive I should buy to see if the photos and text and emails on those discs still exist. I know there is some difference that I am not fully understanding of between the floppy formating styles of Macs and PCs even 10 or 12 years ago when my PowerBook still worked (it doesn't anymore, which is why I can't just use that)

Anyways, thanks for any help in advance,
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Well ...Jpeg pics may open on the PC,but anything in a Mac app will not. You
can still find usb external floppy drives. Try to fix the power book or find a somewhat newer Mac with a floppy drive.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

You will need a usb floppy drive for the viao, but the PC will not read Mac formatted disks without a little help.

Additionally the PC will Need something like Macdrive to see the mac disks

http://www.amazon.com/Mediafour-MacD...01&pf_rd_i=ybh
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bootcamp vs Parallels for Windows | mini DVI to VGA »