Thread: error in mac os

kman1666
    error in mac os
    This is on topic to my other post, sorry. Anyways I have OS 7.5 and whenever I try to bring any files over on a floppy they always have an icon with a big "PC" on it. The problem id the first time I opened one of these it associated it with Simpletext. Now whenever I try to bring any file over it tries to open it in Simpletext, and it always says its too big. How can I fix this? Thanks

Fomer
    Quote Originally Posted by kman1666
    This is on topic to my other post, sorry. Anyways I have OS 7.5 and whenever I try to bring any files over on a floppy they always have an icon with a big "PC" on it. The problem id the first time I opened one of these it associated it with Simpletext. Now whenever I try to bring any file over it tries to open it in Simpletext, and it always says its too big. How can I fix this? Thanks
    I don't have a mac yet, hopefully be getting one. But I had the same problem almost on my pc. I had an emulator with roms and for some reason my roms kept opening in notepad. I finally fixed it by left click and going to open with then selecting the emulator so all the programs became little emu's, don't know if there is away on the mac to do it. But if you know of a way that should fix her.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    I made a suggestion in your other post , did it help any at all? :confused:
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    I believe the next you might try is to rebuild the desktop (document). The short version is reboot the workstation press and hole down the option + apple command keys.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
    --Please don't make two threads for one topic--

kman1666
    Thank you guys, but someone answered me question, while it is not what I was hoping it seems to have cleared things up. Just if you were wondering here is what he said. Thanks G4from128k for the answer.
    "Are you downloading files to a Windows machine and then writing those files to a floppy disk? If so, you are running into a little nasty behavior of Windows that strips the resource fork from downloaded Mac applications and ruins them. Its called the Stuffit Catch-22 becuase you can't decompress downloaded Mac applications (like Stuffit) on a PC without ruining them and you can't decompress downloaded Mac applications on a Mac without Stuffit.

There is a discussion going on at the 68kMLA on this problem. See:
    http://www.literatureclassics.com/68...?TOPIC_ID=5274 "

Thread Information