New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

where is the newest bootcamp download?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

IckyThump

IckyThump is on a distinguished road

i cant find on the apple site?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by IckyThump View Post
i cant find on the apple site?
The beta program is over now that Apple released Leopard with Boot Camp as one of the integrated features. If you intend to keep Tiger, Boot Camp is no longer an option.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
IckyThump

i have leopard.

edit: i downloaded it several days ago, however i accidently deleted the application, the harddrive is still there, but the application is gone!
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
i have leopard.

edit: i downloaded it several days ago, however i accidently deleted the application, the harddrive is still there, but the application is gone!
You downloaded what? Bootcamp comes on the Leopard DVD, it's not online.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
IckyThump

hmm?? i dont know? im sure it weren't on here, but I know it's leopard, i only bought it about 10 days ago from the apple online store... uhmm... so how do i get bootcamp?

i only have 2 install discs.
QUOTE Thanks
IckyThump

i guess i wrecked it then?
QUOTE Thanks
smartyMAC

smartyMAC will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,

2 install discs?? I got only one disc for leopard. Are you sure you have leopard discs??

+ Tri-BOOT MB +
MAC OS 10.5
Mandriva 2009
Windows 7 RC
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute

Try this: Click the Apple menu and then "About this Mac":

The highlighted part indicates your version number. If you have 10.4.xx, it's Tiger. 10.5.xx is Leopard.

Your computer may have come with Tiger pre-installed, but with a Leopard update disc.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
IckyThump

it's 10.5..... i have 2 install discs because i bought the mac with leopard already on it... so is there no solution for this?
QUOTE Thanks
PerryLynch

PerryLynch has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro 4GB

If you are at 10.5 or 10.5.1, then you already have access to boot camp. I don't use it, so I'm not the one to tell you how to do it, but I just used spotlight to find Boot Camp Assistant already installed on my machine. The first thing it tells you to do is print and read the documentation, and if you are on a laptop, to make sure that you have your power adapter plugged in.

So, if you have your XP SP2 CD, you may just be good to go.
Perry

Perry M Lynch, CISSP CISA
Mac Newbie, Security not-so-newbie
QUOTE Thanks
PerryLynch

PerryLynch has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro 4GB

And I just caught that part where you may have deleted it. I'm sure that Boot Camp Assistant could be reinstalled from your media, if you need it.

Perry M Lynch, CISSP CISA
Mac Newbie, Security not-so-newbie
QUOTE Thanks
IckyThump

it's not there.. i think i completely deleted it...
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

Quote:
it's not there.. i think i completely deleted it...
You're looking under Applications => Utilities folder, correct? If so and it's not there, you might need to use Pacifist to extract it from your system disc and place it back in that directory. More thorough documentation is available here.

QUOTE Thanks
IckyThump

yeah, i used spotlight also to try to look for it, found nothing. ive loaded all the files on pacifist however i can't find the bootcamp application and it won't let me use find, any idea of where it might be?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

Quote:
yeah, i used spotlight also to try to look for it, found nothing. ive loaded all the files on pacifist however i can't find the bootcamp application and it won't let me use find, any idea of where it might be?
It's on your Leopard system disc. You need to use Pacifist to examine the contents of the disc and find the Boot Camp Assistant. Then, extract it back to the Macintosh HD => Applications => Utilities directory.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« someone PLEASE help i am stuck! | Windows install gone wrong, help please! »