New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

OS 10.5 - Uninstalling Partition

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nagger Pumper

Nagger Pumper will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD

I installed Windows XP on my computer, but now I want it off because it is using about 40 GB of my HD. Whenever I use Boot Camp Assistant to uninstall the partition, I get a message that says to use Disk Utility to format the partition as a single Mac OS. Because I am new at dealing with boot camp or partitioning of any kind for that matter, I am uncertain of what to do. I have changed the partition volume format to Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

So basically, how do I delete this partition when I get this message from boot camp assistant ?

Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (102.2 KB, 19 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Nagger Pumper

Anyone ?? I just want to get this partition off, I don't really care how if there are other ways.
QUOTE Thanks
smartyMAC

smartyMAC will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,

Mount the windows partition. You can install the trail version of paragon ntfs for this. Once mounted, delete it from the disk util. Once the partition is deleted, you can drag the mac partition till the end of the disk.
QUOTE Thanks
Nagger Pumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartyMAC View Post
Mount the windows partition. You can install the trail version of paragon ntfs for this. Once mounted, delete it from the disk util. Once the partition is deleted, you can drag the mac partition till the end of the disk.
I have it mounted, but how do I delete it from disk utility ? Do I click on "erase free space", or just "erase..." ?
QUOTE Thanks
Nagger Pumper

Well, I was able to reformat to reformat the partition into Mac os extended (journaled) through disk utilities. All I am having problems now is just "merging" the two hard drives.
QUOTE Thanks
MacGuy18

MacGuy18 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme

I could be wrong, but I would think you will lose all your data if you try to "merge" the drives.

Like I said...I could be wrong. Might wait for someone with more experience to try it.

--
MacGuy18
QUOTE Thanks
smartyMAC

smartyMAC will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,

At the bottom of the partitions you have + - buttons. Select the second partition and click on "-". Then drag MAC partition till end. That should unite the partitions. Dont merge the partitions. You might loose some data.

+ Tri-BOOT MB +
MAC OS 10.5
Mandriva 2009
Windows 7 RC
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows install gone wrong, help please! | Help me decide: Bootcamp vs Parallels.. »