New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Quesiton about Bootcamp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lazyrussian

lazyrussian is on a distinguished road

Heya quick question about bootcamp:

If I have bootcamp partition my hard drive and install windows, will I later be able to erase windows and merge the now empty partition space with the rest of the hard drive?

So take a 120gb HD and partition it - 100 for OSX & 20 for Windows
Erase the 20 and add it back to the 100 to make it whole again (120gb)
QUOTE Thanks
northy124

northy124 can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White

Yes you can delete and make the Partition merge into the Org. HDD to make it whole
QUOTE Thanks
kuchiki

kuchiki has a spectacular aura about

just be sure to use the boot camp assistant to erase your boot camp partition.

My newly created blog: reviews, sites, giveaways and more! Home of iMountIt
www.daysofourmacbooks.blogspot.com
QUOTE Thanks
smartyMAC

smartyMAC will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,

You can erase the partition using disk utility also. BC is known to have problems sometimes in reuniting the two partitions.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Note move thread to a better forum

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
lazyrussian

lazyrussian is on a distinguished road

Heya,

Thanks everyone! I got windows running on my mac - only need for a few xp-only programs + 1 game.

One question I have is: how do I right click in windows on my mac? Ctrl+Click doesn't work.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
smartyMAC

smartyMAC will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,

If you have installed BC drivers for windows then place two fingers on the trackpad and press the trackpad button. That will provide right click menu.

+ Tri-BOOT MB +
MAC OS 10.5
Mandriva 2009
Windows 7 RC
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dual Booting Mac and Windows+Accessing BIOS | Anyone play Bioshock via BootCamp ? »