New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

C++ Compiler/ Visual Studio Alternative?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

echo12

I just started up my Freshman year at college. In my programing class they us Visual Studio .NET compiler. I'm free to use an alternative as long as it will compile in Visual Studio. I'm a dedicated Mac user with my own PowerBook and would like to do my programming on my own machine. Anybody out there have any suggestions? I have no experience in C++ or programming for that matter, I'm just getting started.
QUOTE Thanks
PinkPhishDoors

You can get xCode, I can point you in the direction on how to get it for free (legally)... but i will not post it here because the Mods would not be happy! contact me on AIM at -----anarkhy 17---- or emil ----- anarkhy at spymac dot com----
QUOTE Thanks
echo12

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarkhy
You can get xCode, I can point you in the direction on how to get it for free (legally)... but i will not post it here because the Mods would not be happy! contact me on AIM at -----anarkhy 17---- or emil ----- anarkhy at spymac dot com----
I have xcode. My deal is it has to compile on MS Visual Studio for me to get credit. I want to make sure it will work before I get into too deep with XCode and then have to redo it for Visual just to get credit.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Have you looked at the other threads on this subject here and here?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Webcam/Video conferencing software? | Poser 3 or 4? »