New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Few bootcamp problems and questions.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ashkonee01

ashkonee01 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5 20in 2gb Ram.Macbook Pro 15in 2GB RAM

first of all i have Mac OSX Tiger(its like 4.11.10 or something) and i think im still running the beta of boot camp and might upgrade soon. so when i upgrade to Leopard will boot camp be better. because i get the BSOD a lot. Is there a way to fix it? and sometimes it will turn off for no reason wahtsoever. And another thing is that bluetooth doesnt work. So is that fixed in the new version?

Some questions are:
1.Is there a way to reinstall windows without erasing everything on the partition?
2.Is there a way to increase the size of the partition without deleting it and then making a new one?
QUOTE Thanks
ashkonee01

anyone?
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

1: Yes, you can reinstall windows without erasing everything. Just make sure when you reach the step where it offers to format to NTFS or FAT, just select "Leave file system intact (No changes)"

2: I don't think so. At least not in Tiger. I hear Leopard has some dynamic partition resizing, but I have no experience of it.

Bootcamp isn't 'better' with Leopard. It's the same old windows you are going to be running. BSODs are primarily due to Windows itself, or some hardware problem (like faulty RAM).
QUOTE Thanks
smartyMAC

smartyMAC will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkonee01 View Post
2.Is there a way to increase the size of the partition without deleting it and then making a new one?
Try "diskutil resizeVolume" option. That doesnt require formatting. But if you're using NTFS for windows partition then it wont support it. The command supports only FAT
QUOTE Thanks
ashkonee01

i cant get the "diskutil resizeVolume" option. Has anyone got this to work? Is there any other way to do this?
QUOTE Thanks
pjhutch

pjhutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past

To the command enter:
'diskutil list' to view the disk contents e.g.
Diskutil resizeVolume disk0s0 150G "MS-DOS FAT32" "Windows XP" 100G

will resize the first parition to 150G and add a a 100G FAT32 volume to the end
which will also format it.

Full syntax: http://developer.apple.com/documenta...iskutil.8.html
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« any idea how i can change my windows icon on the bootloader? | Windows Desktop as an External Drive? »