New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Quicktime/Vista issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eoinie

eoinie is on a distinguished road

Hi
Anyone out there know of compatibility issues with QT and Vista? I'm finishing a Director project containing QT files intended for both Mac and PC audience and usually put QT installer on the DVD disc but have heard of issues recently. I could use a little guidance.

Regards and thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
chaunce322

chaunce322 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 750 GB HD

When I was using my PC, I had one huge issue with QT. Some QT movies I had would not render the video correctly...lots of large pixelation and what appeared to be the video not updating with the audio.

I did some research online, and found this was a relatively common issue, and that no "fix" was yet available, although this was a few months back. The only work-around I found was to put the QT file on an external drive and play it that way. I also found it unusual that the file would not play correctly on my Vista desktop, but would play fine on my wife's Vista laptop. Just one of the many reasons I switched.

Sean
QUOTE Thanks
Raja

Raja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoinie View Post
Hi
Anyone out there know of compatibility issues with QT and Vista? I'm finishing a Director project containing QT files intended for both Mac and PC audience and usually put QT installer on the DVD disc but have heard of issues recently. I could use a little guidance.

Regards and thanks in advance.
HI, I am experiencing the same issue with a Director Application which incorporates Quicktime movies.
if you have found any solution, can you please let me know.

thanks
Raja
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Leopard, Boot Camp and Partition | partitioning my hard drive?A few Q's? »